Recipe: Tasty Healthy Turkey Tetrazzini
Healthy Turkey Tetrazzini. Simple ingredients, great flavors to please everybody and an unforgettable taste. Explore one of our recipes to try tonight! For our healthy take on turkey Tetrazzini, we use low-fat milk and skip the five tablespoons of butter that's often in the sherry-Parmesan sauce.
At the time, I couldn't find a healthy version of one of my favorite Thanksgiving leftover recipes, turkey tetrazzini. But, I remember it being a little dry and wanting to re-work the amounts. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat and add the garlic. You can cook Healthy Turkey Tetrazzini using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Turkey Tetrazzini
- You need 8 oz of thin spaghetti.
- You need 8 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 cup of turkey broth.
- You need 2 tbsp of dry sherry.
- Prepare 8 oz of low-fat yogurt.
- It’s 2 cup of cubed cooked turkey.
- It’s 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
Throw in the mushrooms, wine, salt and pepper, and cook them, stirring occasionally, until. An easy, quick turkey dish that turns precooked turkey into a family favorite. Cooked turkey is combined with mushrooms, celery soup and sour cream, then baked in a dish with noodles. In a large pot of boiling salted water cook spaghetti according to package directions.
Healthy Turkey Tetrazzini step by step
- Preheat oven to 425..
- Cook spaghetti following directions. Drain..
- Saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil in skillet, 5 min. Remove. Add remaining oil to skillet, blend in flour, salt and pepper smoothly. Gradually stir in turkey broth. Cook, stirring, I until thickened. Remove from heat. Add sherry. Stir 1/2 cup hot mixture into yogurt. Stir yogurt mixture into skillet..
- Add mushrooms, sauce, turkey and half the Parmesan to spaghetti. Spread in 11 3/4 x 7 1/2 x 1 3/4- inch baking dish coated with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese..
- Bake in oven at 425 for 20-25 min, or until bubbly..
Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add onion, celery, pepper, salt, carrots, and mushrooms (optional). It's turkey tetrazzini, one of my all-time faves. You'll want to roast a whole turkey just so you can make this. The Cast of Characters: leftover turkey, butter, mushrooms, white wine, salt, pepper, cream cheese, monterey jack, parmesan, turkey broth, peas, black olives, bacon, and garlic.