Recipe: Tasty Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup
Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup. How to make turkey soup from a carcass: Bones make a rich, flavorful stock; use the leftover turkey carcass with any leftover turkey meat along with an onion, a few stalks of celery, some garlic, herbs, and anything else you find in your refrigerator and let it simmer on low covered with water for a few. My Leftover Turkey Soup includes all your favorite Italian flavors in a belly-warming bowl of soup. Checkit: Just like any other soup, we will first start Transfer completely cooled turkey soup to an airtight container.
A hearty turkey noodle soup made from leftovers. If you are short on turkey meat, add more veggies! This homemade paleo turkey soup is one of our favorite go-to recipes for Thanksgiving leftovers. You can cook Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup
- Prepare 1 of leftover turkey ( you can add in the legs with bones or pull the meat off like I do ).
- Prepare 2 of cans green beans.
- It’s 2 of cans carrots ( I used fresh carrots this time ).
- It’s 2 of cans of peas.
- Prepare 1 of you can change any vegetable you want. you can add corn , lima beans . anything you like.
- You need 2 of to 3 large potatoes ( peeled and cut up ).
- You need 1 of bag of noodles ( any kind ).
- It’s 1 of vegetable stock or turkey stock ( I use one box of vegetable stock , about 16 ounces , sometimes more. you can also use the bullion cubes and make your own ).
- You need 1 of left over turkey gravy ( my recipe for mine will follow after this and I will add it here ).
- It’s 1 of medium diced onion.
- Prepare 1 of salt to your taste.
- It’s 1 of pepper to your taste.
- You need 2 of to 5 teaspoons of garlic powder ( to your taste, you can add more or use 1 to 2 cloves minced ).
- You need 1 of a few pinches of sage ( you can use basil or thyme as well ).
The broth is made from the turkey carcass, so none of the nutrition in the turkey goes to waste, and is packed with healing minerals and gelatin – great for when you have a winter cold. · Easy Turkey Soup is made from a leftover turkey carcass and is a great way to use up all that extra Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey! The perfect meal to use up all that leftover turkey from the holidays! Packed with fresh veggies, herbs and noodles, this leftover turkey soup recipe is super filling and comforting! From turkey sandwiches to turkey pot pies, the options are truly endless when it comes to repurposing holiday leftovers.
Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup instructions
- If you still have meat on the turkey , pull it off and put it into your crock pot. I already had mine off and into a dish that was in my fridge along with 2 legs. I pull the meat off the legs to go in but you can leave it on the bone and toss in..
- Pour in turkey or vegetable stock. Enough to cover the meat and vegetables. Turn crock pot on to medium heat. High heat if you want it faster. I let this sit on medium for 4 hours then go to low for another hour or two.
- Add in all of your vegetables, onion and potatoes..
- Add in your seasonings. Stir..
- Add in your leftover turkey gravy. Stir. As you can see, there are clumps because I didn't warm it up which is fine, just mix it in well and as it warms up it will blend well https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361137-taisens-turkey-gravy.
- Cover the crock pot with lid. Cook for 4 to 8 hours depending on settings and how long you want it sitting. Stir every so often and check fluid level. Make sure everything is covered in liquid. I ended up transferring the soup to a large pot because my crock pot didn't have enough room ..
- 30 to 40 minutes before serving, cook your pasta noodles. Drain them and add into the crock pot. Mix / stir well. Allow it to simmer for about 25 minutes. ( you can add the noodles in and cook them , but every time I try it doesn't turn out so I do it this way ).
- Serve with warm buttered rolls or anything else . Enjoy !.
Not only is this turkey noodle soup a great way to get your tryptophan fix after the holidays, it's also one of the best slow cooker recipes to make for weeknights. How To Make Turkey Soup From A Leftover Turkey Carcass. My love for soup started goes deep. Leftover turkey bones, don't throw them away! Every year we take turns going to the wife's family or mine on Thanksgiving and every time we got to my mom's house we take a big pot with us.