Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken
Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken. Creamy Turkey Rice Soup Made With Leftover Turkey Or Chicken! We usually make this Creamy Turkey Rice Soup after Thanksgiving when we always have lots of leftover turkey. But we don't wait until Thanksgiving to make it, either!
Simply brown the bones from the leftover roasted chicken carcass to give the stock a complex flavor, add some vegetables and water, simmer, then strain the stock. Finally, just bring it back up to a simmer, add raw vegetables, and finish the soup with any leftover chicken meat and cooked egg noodles. However, if you want to make this soup at any other time of the year, use fresh turkey. You can have Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken
- You need 1 of FOR SOUP STOCK.
- It’s 1 of Whole leftover roast turkey or chicken, all bones, scraps and bits and pieces.
- It’s 2 of carrots, cut into chunks.
- Prepare 2 of stalks celery, cut into chunks.
- You need 1 large of onion, peeled and cut into chunks.
- You need 1 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme, dryed.
- You need 6 of black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
- Prepare 3 of whole garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of ENOUGH LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH TO COVER ALL STOCK INGREDIENTS! IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SIZE OF ROAST.
- It’s 1 of FOR SOUP.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- You need 10 of button mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks, sliced.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of 28 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 cup of bok choy, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of or more of leftover turkey or chicken meat, cubed, or sometimes I make little turkey or chicken meatballs and add them to the finished soup.
- You need 1 cup of cooked rice or pasta such as egg noodles, or what type you prefer, I used a wild rice blend this time..
- Prepare 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
Either fresh chicken or leftover chicken. Using leftover roasted turkey makes this Turkey Soup a cinch to make! If it's not turkey day, you can roast just a turkey breast, either the day of making the soup or the day before. To do this, rub the turkey breast with vegetable oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and bake per recipe instructions.
Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken step by step
- FOR STOCK.
- Combine all stock ingredients in a large stockpot, being sure everthings covered with broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, with a cover ajar to allow for broth to reduce somewhat..
- Strain stock through a fine strainer to a clean large bowl, discard solids..
- At this point you need to degrease stock, the simple way is to chill overnight and just remove and discard top layer of fat, or you can skim it off with a ladel if you do not want to wait..
- FOR SOUP.
- In a medium saucepan, melt a tablespoon butter, add mushrooms and soften add onions and garlic, carrots, celery tomaotes with the juice from the can, thyme, pepper, hot sauce, broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered untl vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile bring your strained stock to a simmer in a large stockpot, add cooked vegetables and all liquid left with them and combine and simmer add bok choy, the cooked rice or pasta and cubed cooked meat, heat through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!.
Classic Greek lemon soup with roasted turkey is a unique spin on Thanksgiving leftovers. Nothing hits the spot on a cold winter evening like a bowl of homemade chicken or turkey noodle soup. Thanks to leftover poultry, you can have it ready in half an hour on a weeknight after work. Chicken & Lime Tortilla Soup Don't waste a single piece of turkey with this soup that uses the entire leftover turkey carcass. I believe leftovers and meals made from leftovers are heaven sent, and easy turkey noodle soup fills that bill perfectly.