Recipe: Yummy Kashmiri Dal Tadka
Kashmiri Dal Tadka.
You can cook Kashmiri Dal Tadka using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kashmiri Dal Tadka
- You need 1/2 cup of Toor Dal or Split Pigeon Peas.
- Prepare 3 of Garlic Cloves roughly chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- It’s as needed of Water.
- You need 2 tsp of Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 1 of Onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 of Tomato finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- You need 8-10 of Curry Leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dhania Jeera (coriander cumin)Powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of For Tadka.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ghee/Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare Pinch of Hing(asafoetida).
- It’s 1 of Dry Kashmiri Red Chilli.
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Green Coriander Leaves for garnishing.
Kashmiri Dal Tadka step by step
- Wash and soak toor dal in enough water for atleast half an hour and then pressure cook for 4 whistles by adding roughly chopped garlic cloves and coriander powder in toor dal. Once pressure cooker cools down, whisk cooked dal well and keep aside..
- Heat up the oil in a pan on low flame. Add mustard seeds and coriander seeds. Once it crackles add curry leaves and finely chopped onions and cook till it turns translucent..
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute. Add finely chopped tomatoes, mix and add turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, dhania jeera powder and salt. Mix well and cook till tomatoes gets cooked and turns soft..
- Add already whisked dal, some water, mix well and cook for 7 to 10 mins..
- Tadka – Heat up the ghee or oil in tadka pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let it crackle. Add hing and dry kashmiri red chilli. Pour hot tadka on prepared dal..
- Garnish with fresh green coriander leaves and serve hot Kashmiri Dal Tadka with hot steamed rice or roti and enjoy..
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)