Recipe: Tasty Pineapple rasam
Pineapple rasam. I have tasted pineapple rasam only in marriages or in restaurant lunch menus. And definitely it is very unique by its taste and flavour. But neither mom nor MIL make this in their kitchen.
You can serve this as a soup in a bowl or with rice and pappad. Pineapple rasam recipe with step by step photos – spicy, tangy and lightly sweet rasam made with This pineapple rasam is a lovely variety of rasam. having complex flavors, its spicy, tangy, and faintly. A new variety of Rasam with a fruity Pineapple flavour prepared by Mrs. You can have Pineapple rasam using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pineapple rasam
- It’s 2 tbsp of Toor Dal (Pigeon pea).
- You need 6 of Pineapple Rings.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Rasam Powder.
- You need 3 of Tomato.
- It’s Few of Curry leaves.
- Prepare of Coriander Leaves For Garnishing.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt (As Needed).
- It’s of For Grinding.
- It’s 1 tsp of Peppercorns.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- You need of For Tempering.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ghee (Clarified butter).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare 2 of Red Chili.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida (Asafetida / Hing).
Chef Yogambal Sundar's social media links: Subscribe to Chef. Pineapple Rasam-How to prepare Pineapple Rasam. Pineapple Rasam is an easy Indian food recipe that is prepared with ripe pineapple. Rasam podi, ghee seasoning of spices and pineapple puree go into its making and goes well with rice.
Pineapple rasam instructions
- Pressure cook the thurdal and smash it nicely and keep it aside. Take the pepper and cumin seeds in a mixer Grind the pepper and cumin seeds to a coarse powder Take 3 pine apple rings separately. If you have the whole pineapple, peel the skin and cut the pineapple into circles.
- Chop the pineapple to bigger pieces and add it to the mixer Grind the pineapple pieces to a nice paste Take 1 tomato and nicely mash it. Or you can even give a pulse in the mixer to make a puree.
- To the tomato puree, add 1 cup of water, salt, turmeric and 1/2 quantity of ground coarse pepper-cumin powder, ground pineapple paste and rasam powder and allow the tomato puree to cook well Meanwhile, finely chop the rest of pineapple pieces and tomatoes and keep it ready.
- In a separate pan, add ghee and add mustard seeds when the ghee is hot, when the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add broken red chilli, hing, rest of the ground pepper-cumin powder and curry leaves and saute it for 20 seconds.
- Add the chopped pineapple and tomato pieces and saute it for 2 minutes in a medium flame Add the seasoned ingredients along with sauted pineapple and tomato pieces to the boiling tomato puree.
- Add the mashed dal and mix well. Add 2 cups of water and keep the flame in medium till we get a froth. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and remove from flame The delicious and spicy pineapple rasam is ready to serve..
Pineapple Rasam Recipe is an out of the box rasam recipe, with a twist. Sweet and tangy pineapples added to a classic rasam, to further enhance the flavour, seasoned with a south indian tadka. Pineapple rasam is a delicious south Indian rasam or clear soup with fresh pineapple and few spices. This rasam is so flavorful, tasty and has a very slight sweet taste from pineapples. Pineapple Rasam is more like a upgraded version of rasam served during special occasions or festive time.