How to Make Perfect Creamy Smoked Sausage Soup
Creamy Smoked Sausage Soup. This Creamy Smoked Sausage Spinach and Potato Soup is full of bold flavors and will easily become a favorite. The best part, it's so simple and easy to make. Soup Weather: I love soup, like really, really love soup.
This winter I've been making so many vegetable soups. From this Vegetable Chili, to Mexican Lentil Soup, to Creamy Tortellini Minestrone and Gnocchi Vegetable Soup with Pesto. Oh and Let's not forget this Super Easy Cauliflower Vegetable Soup. You can cook Creamy Smoked Sausage Soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Smoked Sausage Soup
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced onion.
- It’s 1 packages of smoked sausage or turkey.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 32 oz of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 packages of 10 pack buttermilk biscuits.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic pepper.
So vegetable soups have totally been my thing this season. This easy soup starts with sausage, I use kielbasa but you can also use a garlic sausage or pretty much any smoked (fully cooked) sausage that you'd like. I make this cabbage soup with potatoes to give it a nice creamy texture (and to keep my belly full all day long). The Creamy Crab and Wild Rice Soup has made its appearance a few times in the past several weeks, as well as this Smoked Sausage, Kale and Potato Soup.
Creamy Smoked Sausage Soup step by step
- Heat butter in skillet, add minced garlic and sausage..
- In separate pot, bring condensed milk and chicken broth to a boil. Slowly add flour with a wisk. Add garlic pepper to taste..
- Add sausage to soup mixture. Bring back to boil, then simmer..
- Quarter each biscuit and slowly drop into soup..
- Simmer for approximately 10-15 min or until biscuits are fully cooked..
- As always, add more of anything to make a bigger portion. Add or subtract seasoning to taste. I put some shredded cheese and parsley on top for decoration..
Can't forget about my Gnocchi Zuppa Toscana, either! Cabbage Soup with Smoked Sausage is loaded with both cabbage and slices of smoked sausage. A little cream adds some richness to this comforting, hearty soup that's perfect for a winter meal. It's full of chunks of potato, carrots, and onion and is really more of a stew than a soup. Serve with cornbread or fresh bread for a filling meal.