Recipe: Perfect Copycat Skyline Chili
Copycat Skyline Chili. A copycat of Skyline Chili, true Cincinnati chili, except it's less greasy! I combine all the dry spices times ten and keep the Skyline Spice Mix in a jar cannister. The spice mix is also tasty as a meat rub for steak, pork and chicken.
It's totally unique, and NOT like a traditional chili, but it's an absolutely delicacy here in the Midwest. This copycat original is famous by Skyline chili parlor. Cincinnati chili is a flavorful meat sauce infused with mediterranean spices. You can cook Copycat Skyline Chili using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Copycat Skyline Chili
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 1/4 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 can of low sodium beef broth.
- You need 1 (6 oz) of can tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 oz of unsweetened baking chocolate.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of fine sea salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/8 cup of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chipotle chili powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Hey Grill Hey beef rub.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped dehydrated onion.
Serve over noodles or on top of a hot dog! Combine: Water/broth with tomato paste to start the broth. Crumble the ground beef with your hands and add it into the liquid. The copycat Skyline is absolutely delicious and Skyline Chili fan approved!
Copycat Skyline Chili instructions
- In a large Dutch oven on medium high combine the water and beef broth.
- Add the tomato paste and chocolate and stir continuously until both are melted and blended fully..
- Add all spices, vinegar and sugar. Bring to a simmer and stir occasionally..
- Once simmering add the turkey and ground beef. Break up into small pieces as you add them..
- Bring to a boil, but as it's heating up continue to stir to break the meat up into a fine consistency. I used a potato masher..
- Once it's up to a rapid boil reduce the heat to maintain a simmer and let cook uncovered for about an hour and a half. Stirring occasionally and testing for flavor. My cinnamon was a bit old so I had to add a little more..
- Once the consistency and flavors are where you like the serve on top of hotdogs for the best coney's ever!.
Disclaimer: Links below may contain affiliate links, which means we may get paid a commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase through this page. Copycat Skyline Chili I made this for the long delayed opening day of the Reds season. I used ground turkey in this apposed to all ground beef because I like the texture better for coney sauce and didn't want it to be too heavy. All beef and easily be used, I would just back off on some of the spices, ground turkey needs a little extra help in. Skyline Chili Copycat Recipe Keto Style There are lots of different chili recipes out there but one that I don't think gets enough attention is Cincinnati Style Chili.