Recipe: Delicious Sticky Smokey Pork Chops
Sticky Smokey Pork Chops.
You can cook Sticky Smokey Pork Chops using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sticky Smokey Pork Chops
- Prepare of marinade.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white wine.
- You need 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need of cooking.
- You need 1 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- It’s 1 large of white onion (halved then sliced).
- Prepare 2 of pork chops.
- Prepare 1 of butternut squash – optional – but you could add sweet potatoes eg.
- You need of sauce.
- Prepare of the left over marinade.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need of a little boiling water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of liquid smoke – optional.
Sticky Smokey Pork Chops step by step
- Place chops in a shallow bowl..
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all ingredients and pouring over the pork chops – marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours but best to do in the morning for evening meal.
- Make the sauce by adding all of the ingredients to a small bowl and placing in the refrigerator alongside the marinating chops..
- Heat a shallow pan or skillet with a lid and add the oil, allow to get quite hot before adding the chops..
- Cook for 3 minutes without lifting then flip over and cook the other side for a further 3 minutes, do not cover your pan during this stage.
- Add the onions and adjust the heat to a low setting – also add the vegetables if using and toss about to coat in oil and meat juices.
- Pour in the leftover marinade, cover and cook for 5 minutes then toss the vegetables, turn the chops and pour the sauce over the chops. Replace the lid and cook for a final 5 minutes. Remove chops for the last minute of cooking time and stir the vegetables in the thick, sticky sauce – if sauce is too thick, add a little boiling water to the right consistency..
- Serve with fresh vegetables.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)