Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Braised Ham Hock and Vegetables
Braised Ham Hock and Vegetables. Add ham hocks, onion, celery, carrot, parsley, and bay leaves to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to a bare simmer, cover, and Serve immediately with cabbage and mustard vinagrette on the side. Smoked ham hocks are inexpensive and give the dish rich flavor; substitute with ham steak if you prefer.
Braised Ti Pang is a beloved Chinese recipe of long-braised pork shank in soy sauce, wine, and spices. It's fall-apart tender, and always a special meal! Braised Ti Pang is made with the pork front hock, also known as the shank. You can have Braised Ham Hock and Vegetables using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Braised Ham Hock and Vegetables
- You need 2 of Ham Hocks.
- It’s 2 Ears of Corn.
- You need 2 of Small Heads Cabbage.
- You need 3 of Carrots.
- You need 1 of Large Onion.
- It’s 5 of Eggs.
- You need of Worcestershire Sauce (7 Shakes).
- You need 3/4 Cup of White Cooking Wine.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of BBQ Sauce.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Seasoned Salt.
- Prepare of Creole Seasoning.
- It’s of Kosher Salt.
The pork shank is blanched, seared, and braised for several hours in. Ham hock – the bit between a pig's front trotter and shoulder – or "hand" as butchers would call it. Pork Pata Humba or braised ham hock with salted black beans is a version of pork humba wherein pork pata is braised in pineapple juice and soy sauce. I started by boiling the ham hock in water until it is half tender.
Braised Ham Hock and Vegetables instructions
- Add Ham Hocks to a pot. Add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes. Skim off any drugs that float to the top..
- Remove Ham Hocks and turn off heat. Reserve. Wash and prep all veggies. Remove, kernels from corn, peel onion, etc. save all scraps, peels and husks..
- Add all scraps and trim to the ham broth. Season generously and add cooking wine. Cover. Bring to a hard boil, reduce heat to a rolling boil. Cook for an hour. Keep an eye on the liquid. If you think it’s getting low, add a bowl of water..
- Strain your ham infused vegetable broth. Return ham to broth. Broth should be barely covering the ham. Add water if it’s not. Add BBQ Sauce, Worcestershire, Balsamic Vinegar. Cover, bring to a boil, then low boil for 1.5 hours. Skim any drugs and add water if necessary. Boil 5 eggs and let cool while you wait..
- Add peeled and cooled hard boiled eggs to the pot with 45 minutes on the timer. Add veggies with 30 minutes left. Hit the veggies with a pinch of kosher salt to release water. Add some black pepper as well. Cook until veggies and pork are tender..
- Enjoy ????.
This step helps me get rid of impurities from the pork (these are also known as scums). These braised pork feet are moist, tender and flavorful. They are braised in a slightly sweet and savory master sauce until the skin and meat fall from the bone. Reader's alert: If you don't like strange parts of the animal, say…. pig's feet, then please skip this article. It might contain some of words that will.