Recipe: Delicious Bean & Ham Hock soup
Bean & Ham Hock soup. A bean is the seed of one of several genera of the flowering plant family Fabaceae, which are used as vegetables for human or animal food. They can be cooked in many different ways, including boiling, frying, and baking, and are used in many traditional dishes throughout the world. Bean – The Outside Is Inside Everything We Make.
How to use bean in a sentence. Bean, seed or pod of certain leguminous plants of the family Fabaceae. Edible beans are rich in protein and are used worldwide for cooking in either fresh or dried form. You can cook Bean & Ham Hock soup using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bean & Ham Hock soup
- It’s 1 1/3 lb of dried beans.
- You need 1 of water.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 3 of large Ham Hocks.
- It’s of spices.
- It’s 3 tsp of salt (more or less to your liking).
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper (more or less to taste).
- It’s 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning mix.
Learn more about the physical and nutritional characteristics of beans and some of the economically important species and varieties. This bean goes by many names: haricot, pearl haricot beans, white pea bean, and Boston bean. They have a mild flavor and creamy texture, and similar to Great Northern Beans, they do a great job of absorbing the flavors around them. Heart disease is a leading cause of death worldwide.
Bean & Ham Hock soup instructions
- Cover beans with water, by about an inch or more. Set aside for 8 hours to soak..
- 3 hours before beans are done place ham hocks in a pot, cover with water..
- Bring hocks to a boil, cover, turn down to a simmer. Check water level periodically to add more if required. If using fixed ham, do not do these hocks steps..
- When hocks have simmered for 3 hours, pull hocks out, place on a plate to allow to cool..
- Place soaked beans in large pot. Add 8 cups of hock broth and water to bring it to 8 cups..
- Bring beans to a boil, turn down heat to a simmer, cover. Stir ever 10-15 minutes.
- After hocks cool down, remove bones, shred/chop meat and skin to bit sized pieces..
- After beans have simmered 1 1/2 hours).
- Chop one large onion (yellow or sweet is what I usually use), add to beans, stir.
- Adds ham hocks or if using diced ham to beans, stir.
- If using a premixed add season packet. Or add spices in ingredients list, not both!.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, serve.
Eating beans and other legumes regularly may help reduce your risk (). Beans are hearty and versatile – perfect for soups, salads, burritos and more. Explore new ways to use them for any meal. Welcome to the Official Mr Bean channel. Also known as garbanzo beans, chickpeas are a great source of fiber and protein.