How to Make Perfect Mustard Green And Ham Hock Stew
Mustard Green And Ham Hock Stew. This recipe came from an estate sale. Put ham hocks and garlic in a large. separate the collard green leaves and rinse each carefully . heat until the greens are tender. Remove the very thick part of the.
Remove ham hocks from liquid, transfer to a cutting board, and pull bones from meaty and fatty parts. You can swap out the ham hocks for other smoked or cured pork products, like slab bacon or salt pork, as long as they aren't lean meats, like smoked pork loin. Slow cooked collard greens with a ham hock, onions, vinegar and hot sauce. You can cook Mustard Green And Ham Hock Stew using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mustard Green And Ham Hock Stew
- It’s 950 grams of ham hock /pork knuckle.
- It’s 300 grams of mustard green.
- Prepare 10 clove of garlic with skin.
- It’s of sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of thai chili sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of five spice.
- It’s 5 of star anise.
- It’s 1 of dry tamarind skin.
- Prepare 10 of dry chili.
- You need 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 liter of water.
Army green, stewing in an olive drab pot liquor, with chunks of smoked pork floating around. View top rated Mustard greens with ham hock recipes with ratings and reviews. Chickpea Stew and Mustard Greens on stove top. Steaming and frying ingredients include ; chickpeas (garbanzo beans), mustard greens, tomato, bell.
Mustard Green And Ham Hock Stew step by step
- in pan quick saute ham hock /pork knuckle with garlic and sugar then add all ingredient and water bring to a boil.
- put all ingredient into preasure cooker on high for 25 to 35 minute depending on how soft you want your pork knuckle.
- learn it rest for 3 hour so flavour will be more intense then bring it to a boil again then off heat to serve.
- BELOW ARE FEW HAM HOCK /PORK KNUCKLE RECIPES, I AM GLAD TO SHARE WITH YOU https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334815-pork-knuckle-in-sweet-black-vineger-and-ginger https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/394978-peanut-ham-hock-stew https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/342143-baked-black-pepper-ham-hock.
While this stew is definitely heavier on the beans than on the ham, the hocks lend a rich, smoky essence that flavors the beans from the inside out. Ham Hock, Cheese & Egg PieFood Network Canada. Collard greens and ham hocks were just meant to be together in my opinion. I mean, is there possibly anything more southern than a big bowl of southern style collard greens, made with ham hocks and a couple of hoe cakes tucked into the corner of the bowl? I absolutely adore collards personally, and.