Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Kim's Green Beans, Ham and Potatoes
Kim's Green Beans, Ham and Potatoes. Great recipe for Kim's Green Beans, Ham and Potatoes. Here is how you cook it. Place ham in stock pot and cover completely with water.
Break ham apart and serve a few pieces with beans and potatoes with a little broth. Southern-Style Green Beans and Potatoes with Ham is an easy, one pot recipe that makes a hardy side or one pot meal. At our house, it's a rare special occasion that isn't celebrated over a big bowl of Southern-Style Green Beans with Ham. You can cook Kim's Green Beans, Ham and Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kim's Green Beans, Ham and Potatoes
- You need 2 lbs of green beans, snapped.
- It’s 1 of cottage ham OR ham hock w/ham pieces OR 1 slice ham, chopped.
- It’s 1 of med onion, chopped.
- Prepare 6-8 of red or new potatoes, halved. If using russet, quartered.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of butter or bacon grease.
- You need Dash of Lawry's Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Montreal Chicken spice (optional).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water.
Not only does it have universal appeal, it's an easy recipe to put together and one that feeds many. Dice the ham, green beans, onion, and potatoes. Drop all of the vegetables into your slow-cooker, add chicken stock or water, and season with salt and pepper to taste. The Husband enjoys frying up a slice of Clifty Farm country ham and drizzling it with red eye gravy on a lazy Saturday morning.
Kim's Green Beans, Ham and Potatoes step by step
- Combine all ingredients in Instant Pot. (Pressure Cooker).
- Next, close the lid and move the seal to the sealing position..
- Press the “Pressure Cook” button and set the Pressure level to High Pressure, and change the time to 8 minutes. (Please note that it will take about 5 minutes to come up to pressure before it starts the 8-minute pressure cooking time.).
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then do a quick release..
- Carefully open the lid and spoon the Ham, Green Beans, and Potatoes into a serving bowl. Or keep warm until ready to eat!.
Recently, I started incorporating their products into other recipes, like my ham and corn casserole with cream cheese. I was so pleased with the results of the corn casserole, I knew I had to give their country ham a try in my green beans. Place ham, potatoes, beans, black pepper, and onions into a wide, shallow pot or dutch oven. Add enough water to come within a couple inches of the top of the food. Now add cut ham pieces potatoes and green beans to the broth in a large pot and gently boil until beans & potatoes are tender.