Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup
Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup. Traditional Glazed Ham Made With Honey & Brown Sugar. Find Deals on Black Bean Soup in Boxed Meals on Amazon. Transfer to the slow cooker insert.
Without that I think it would be just another black bean soup. I used a hand blender in the pot and was done in minutes. I didn't have a hambone so I used beef stock concentrate and diced ham–was wonderful this way too. You can cook Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup
- You need 1 lb. of dried black beans.
- It’s 3 tbs. of olive or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 3 tbs. of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of smoked ham hock.
- It’s 7 cups of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of coriander.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of thyme.
- Prepare Dash of paprika.
- Prepare 3 cups of cooked ham, cubed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dry sherry.
- You need Dash of salt and pepper.
An extremely easy and economical soup. Black Bean Soup is a hearty soup that is perfect for cool weather. Versatility is one of the reasons we love it. Leftover ham gives this soup an extra layer of flavor and makes it even heartier, but it makes a mouthwatering vegetarian version too.
Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup instructions
- Soak the black beans and prep according to the package direction. [For a quick soak, use the boiling water method.].
- In a large pot over medium heat, begin heating the oil and sauté the onions and bell pepper until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and sweat them for 30 seconds..
- Add the tomato paste and mix all the ingredients well..
- Pour in the vegetable broth and then add the drained beans, ham hock and the bay leaf..
- Bring to a slight boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the cumin, coriander, thyme, and paprika. Partially cover the pot and cook for about 2 hours until the beans are tender..
- Remove the ham bone and shred off any meat. Set aside. Allow the soup to cool for a few minutes..
- Depending on desired consistency (smooth or chunky), you can puree the soup by using a handheld immersion blender or in batches with a blender..
- Add the cooked ham and shredded meat to the soup in the pot. Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and add the sherry. Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat uncovered to heat through..
- Serve with toppings of choice such as sour cream or yogurt, green onions, chopped hard-boiled egg, etc. Serve with some crusty bread..
You would just substitute veggie stock for the chicken stock and leave out the ham. Home > Soup, Stews, Chilis > Easy Black Bean Soup with Sherry and Ham. Easy Black Bean Soup with Sherry and Ham. The soup starts with dried black beans, soaked and then simmered to perfection with a ham bone, chopped seasoning vegetables, and a variety of spices. Add vinegar, roasted chicken base and salt and black pepper to taste.