Recipe: Perfect Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE
Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE. Ham and Split Pea Soup Recipe. Classic pea & ham easy slow cooker soup recipe 🙂 Cook with me! Try our classic pea and ham soup then check out our best soup recipes, and make homemade bread rolls to serve on the side.
It will thicken significantly over time so simply add extra water and mix The ham will add a lot of flavor to the soup so you'll probably find you need less salt than normal. Try half a teaspoon first and taste. Keywords: ham bone recipe, ham hock, Pea and ham soup, slow cooker soup, split pea soup. You can cook Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare Knob of butter optional.
- You need 2 of large onions finely diced.
- Prepare 3 of medium potatoes peeled & diced.
- Prepare 1 kg of frozen peas.
- Prepare 2 litres of really good ham or pork stock.
- It’s of (I make my own from I ham hock).
- Prepare 600 grams of good quality ham.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 of large tbs of creme fraiche (optional).
I love hearing how you went with This is a great recipe, easy, steps, clear instructions and the quantities are standard sizes. This pea and ham soup recipe is a fast and easy way to make this classic dish – ideal for making use of leftover Christmas hams! This easy pea and ham soup has been triple-tested by our cookery team and nutritionally analysed. Find more soup recipes at BBC.
Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE instructions
- ON THE HOB! Lets get cooking ! Take a large pan, pour in the olive oil and butter (optional), turn it up to a medium heat. When the pan is warm throw in the onions..
- Keep stirring the onions until soft, then tip in the potatoes, stirring well so all the butter goodness covers them..
- Pour in the stock! Simmer on a medium heat, this should take about ten minutes or until the potatoes are soft..
- Throw in the peas. Note:- The key to keeping the soups so vibrant and bright green is to let them soften only for a minute, that's once they have started to simmer. Remove from the heat. And using a hand blender blitz to desired consistency..
- Add salt and pepper to taste, (if you are using ham hock stock be careful as the ham bone can already be quite salty) Pour into bowls stir in the ham slices. I added crème fraiche for the extra luxury. It's as easy as that! I would be happy to hear from you with any thoughts and questions. Enjoy!.
- This is how I make the ham stock, from a butcher a buy an un cooked ham hock, add it to a pan full of water, with herbs onion and carrot, simmer it for 2 to 3 hours! Skim off any scum. Lift out and take the ham off the bone!.
Equipment and preparation: For this recipe you will need a stick blender. See recipes for Easy Peasey Dipping Sauce too. Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE. Add peas and ham hock and cover with stock by a couple inches. And yet it tastes like the classic split pea and ham soup which usually need much longer.