How to Make Tasty Mushroom and blue cheese tarts
Mushroom and blue cheese tarts. Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms Tart with Blue Cheese – simple tart made with puff pastry topped with caramelized onions, mushrooms and blue cheese. I have a secret to share with you. I love caramelized onions, as in caramelized onion flatbread, as in this tart here.
Spoon the blue cheese mixture over the top of each tart. Mushroom and blue cheese tart This gourmet savoury tart is quick to make and packed full of tasty, high quality ingredients. Fresh portobello mushrooms and creamy blue cheese work wonderfully together sitting amongst a golden, crumbly pastry. You can have Mushroom and blue cheese tarts using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mushroom and blue cheese tarts
- You need 600 g of button mushrooms (white or brown).
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 of medium shallots, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 100 g of gorgonzola.
- You need 1 package of ready-made mini tart shells.
Slice the beef and assemble the tarts by pushing down the centre of the tarts, placing the kale in followed by the beef and the mushroom blue cheese sauce and enjoy! Option : Omit the blue cheese sauce or replace it with a bearnaise sauce. Spoon the mushroom mixture into the pastry case. Top with the Camembert, thyme and cream.
Mushroom and blue cheese tarts instructions
- Clean and trim the mushrooms. Put two-thirds in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. For the remaining mushrooms, cut them by hand into very thin slices..
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Once the butter stops foaming, add the mushrooms and shallots. The mushrooms will release a lot of water, so you'll need to cook the liquid off. Let fry until browned, about 15 minutes..
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, cream, and gorgonzola to the mushrooms. Turn the heat down to medium and stir until smooth and the cheese fully melted. Add salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Take the pan off the heat and set aside to cool to room temperature..
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Fill the tart shells with the mushroom filling and bake according to the tart shell instructions. Best eaten hot from the oven. If you have extra filling left over, it's excellent served on toast..
When both the filling and shell have cooled to room temperature fill the shell with the mushroom mixture and top with the crumbled blue cheese. Arrange the tart mold on a cookie sheet and bake for. Add the garlic, mushrooms and wine; turn up the heat to medium high. Fry for a few more minutes until they're looking golden, then leave the mixture to cool a little. Lightly whisk the cream with the eggs and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.