Recipe: Perfect Chocolate salami
Chocolate salami. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Spread the almonds, walnuts and crushed biscotti in a single layer on a baking sheet. Almonds and raisins stud this easy, no-bake chocolate salami recipe from Brazil (salame de chocolate) – a great treat for the holidays.
Some folks like to dust it with powdered sugar as well. Chocolate salami is a delicious dessert that, in many regions, Italian families eat during winter lazy Sundays or as afternoon snack for children (they love it!), or as a dessert after a lunch with an excellent espresso. Along with chocolate cake, Chocolate Salami is one of the most popular desserts. You can cook Chocolate salami using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate salami
- It’s 10-12 of Chocolate cookies.
- It’s 5 of Digestive biscuits.
- You need 1/4 cups of Pistachios.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Dried cranberries.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoon of Milk.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of Cocoa powder.
- It’s 75 gram of Dark chocolate.
It has the advantage to be uncooked but it must be kept in the refrigerator. These chocolate salami are best after a couple of days as the moisture gets absorbed in the biscuits. The texture and flavors get homogenized. Chocolate salami is a delicious, easy no bake dessert from Italy.
Chocolate salami instructions
- Take the chocolate cookies and digestive biscuits in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin until coarsely powdered..
- Transfer it to a bowl add chopped pistachios and cranberries to it..
- Take a saucepan, heat butter in it..
- Add sugar and keep whisking till the sugar dissolves..
- Add cocoa powder and whisk it well..
- Add chopped chocolates and mix till the chocolate melts..
- Add milk to give it a smooth consistency..
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the crushed biscuits and mix until well combined..
- When it slightly cools transfer the mixture to a cling film and roll it into a log and flattening the sides so that it gives round edges..
- Wrap it tightly and refrigerate it for 5-6 hours for it to set well..
- Unwrap the cling wrap,dust it with cocoa powder or icing sugar, slice them and enjoy.
This chocolate sausage is a crunchy, rich and simple chocolate dessert you can serve with coffee. Chocolate salami is very popular in Portugal, but I like how less sweet this variation is. We tend to do it with milk chocolate and Marie biscuits, both much sweeter than dark chocolate and digestives. The hazelnuts are a great touch as well. Salame de chocolate (or chocolate salami) is a Portuguese dessert specialty prepared with chocolate, biscuits, butter and eggs.