Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Chocolate Salami
Chocolate Salami. Chocolate salami – another easy and delicious dessert for Christmas (or any other occasion). This beautiful and original no-bake dessert is popular in many. Russian chocolate salami (chocolate sausage) is called "salami" because the dessert resembles real salami sausage, especially when sliced.
The traditional Italian recipe of Chocolate Salami wants dry biscuits, dark chocolate, butter, eggs and sugar. This no-bake chocolate salami recipe (salame de chocolate) from Brazil is very easy. It's named salami because it looks like one. You can cook Chocolate Salami using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Salami
- It’s 12 oz of Dark chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Orange Liqueur.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Raisins.
- You need 1/3 cup of Hazelnuts, chopped and toasted.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Walnuts, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Candied fruit, coarsely chopped, such as apricots, pineapple, or mango.
Traditional in our family, this chocolate salami is the perfect crunchy treat to snack on alongside Growing up my mom used to make us chocolate salami all the time, but it was actually my friend's. Nigella's chocolate salame is really an Italian version of a fridge cake, but it's completely addictive and very impressive if you string it properly, too. Although this chocolate salami dessert is Italian, my Bulgarian/Ukrainian family used to make this all the time. Obviously, every region and ethnicity has its way of making chocolate salami.
Chocolate Salami instructions
- Melt the chocolate with the condensed milk, butter, and liqueur in a double boiler over barley simmering water..
- Remove from heat, transfer to a large bowl and stir in the raisins, hazelnuts, walnuts, and candied fruit..
- Set aside to cool slightly..
- Transfer to a sheet of parchment paper and shape into a long log about 3 by 12 inches. Wrap the log in aluminum foil and freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove the foil and paper and slice thinly, as though you were serving salami.
Chocolate Salami is one of the easiest and the most delicious desserts to prepare during the holidays. It requires no cooking at all — just a few minutes of prepping and it stays fresh for months! Put the butter and chocolate in a heatproof medium bowl and place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Chocolate salami is a festive dessert popular in Italy and Portugal. So, if you love making homemade gifts, this is one to put on your own holiday DIY list.