Recipe: Appetizing Sambar dal for Rice
Sambar dal for Rice. You can use only tur dal or a combination of tur dal, moong Serve hot sambar with rice or idli. Spice powder known as sambar powder is the key to a delicious and flavourful dish. SouthIndian Veg Recipes..to make sambar without toor dal, this moong dal sambar or pasi paruppu sambar made without toor dal is the perfect alternative if you have moong dal is also a tomato sambar recipe for rice where we use yellow mung beans (moong dal) instead of pigeon peas (toor dal) for the preparation of sambar. recipe. basically, sambar rice is combination of rice and sambar which is cooked with vegetables. in other words, sambar rice is prepared by cooking together the add in prepared masala paste, cooked toor dal and cooked rice. mix all the ingredients well and adjust consistency by adding water if required.
So I wanted to give a shot and I had bookmarked some YouTube videos too. Finally I tried it last week for my lunch as I was in short of toor dal in my kitchen. Sambar rice recipe with step by step pics. You can cook Sambar dal for Rice using 25 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sambar dal for Rice
- You need 3/4 cup of Toor/Arhar (Split pigeon peas)dal.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion sliced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 4-5 pieces of red pumpkin cubed.
- You need 5-6 pieces of brinjal cubed.
- You need 2 of drumsticks chopped into 1 1/2".
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped beans.
- Prepare 7-8 pieces of lauki (ash gourd).
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped coconut.
- It’s 1 tsp of grated coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot cubed.
- It’s 2 of finger/bhindi chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sambar powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of hing /asafoetida.
- It’s 2 of dry red chillies.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 10-12 of curry leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 pinch of methi seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of soaked urad dal.
- It’s 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of hot and sweet tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tamarind pulp.
Drain all the water and add both rice and dal in a pressure cooker. I usually pressure cook tamarind with little I cook rice and dal separately as I do not like rice get mashed too much(which will happen if we cook together rice and dal). So If you want you can. Sambar recipe is a variation of dal recipe where the dal is mixed with different kinds of vegetables like drumsticks, radish, lady's finger or okra, bottle The recipe here is made to be eaten with rice but sambar also varies depending on the main dish we eat like rice or idli etc… Let us look at the detailed.
Sambar dal for Rice step by step
- Soak Tur dal for half hour.Meanwhile chop drumsticks and beans.Cube carrot into small pieces.Cube ash gourd. Pressure cook these with onion,tomato,salt and tamarind water 2 pressures.Saute the chopped okra/bhindi separately as this vegetable is slimy.Saute brinjal separately and set aside..
- Pressure cook the soaked dal with chopped coconut,dry red chillies,turmeric,red chilli powder and salt to taste 3 whistles.Open lid after 5 minutes.Mix vegetables in dal and add some more water.Heat oil in a wok and sprinkle urad dal,cumin,mustard and methi seed.Add hing and sprinkle few curry leaves.Fry all and add tempering to the dal.Boil few minutes.Add tomato sauce,sambar powder and stir.Serve healthy sambar dal with hot rice,dosa,idli or vada..
Tangy delicious sambar rice recipe in a pressure cooker. Goodness of sambar and rice clubbed into one. Wash rice and dal, drain away all the water, to the rice/dal mixture add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilly powder, sambar powder, mix vegetables, chopped tomato and salt. Sambar – south Indian lentil stew made with vegetables, lentils and a special blend of spices. It's best enjoyed with rice, idli or dosa.