Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Sloppy Joe Pizza (stuffed crust)
Sloppy Joe Pizza (stuffed crust). I had me at Sloppy Joe's. These messy little beef bombs are as satisfying as they are sloppy. I don't know a single person that doesn't enjoy.
Two of their favorites, sloppy joes and pizza, combined into one dish. Place pizza crust on baking sheet. If you haven't thought beyond the bun, you haven't lived. You can have Sloppy Joe Pizza (stuffed crust) using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe Pizza (stuffed crust)
- You need 1 can of refrigerated pizza dough (I use the thin crust version).
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 can of Sloppy Joe sauce of your choice.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Cheese flavored French's French fried onions.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced red onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced yellow onion.
- Prepare 6 stick of colby string cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded colby cheese.
One of the most influential food film moments from childhood has to be when Mary-Kate and Ashley bit into that gooey, meaty sloppy joe in It Takes Two. Sloppy Giuseppe is a flavour of pizza found primarily in the United Kingdom, made popular by the Pizza Express chain of Italian style restaurants. The name is an Italianisation of the Sloppy Joe, a type of meat sauce often served on a hamburger bun. Serve the stuffed peppers topped with crumbled corn chips.
Sloppy Joe Pizza (stuffed crust) instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F (or whatever temp is recommended on pizza crust dough can).
- Saute red and yellow diced onions on medium heat in skillet using small amount of olive oil. Set aside sautéed onions.
- Brown pound of ground beef in skillet om medium heat and drain grease. After drained, add sauted onions and sloppy Joe sauce from can. Stir together and return to stove top.
- Cook browned ground beef, onion and sloppy Joe sauce according to can directions (usually heating on medium until it bubbles, then turn heat to low and simmer covered 5 to 10 minutes). Set mixture aside when complete..
- Unroll dough onto 8 x 12 cookie sheet.
- Place string cheese around edges of dough leaving about half inch of space between string cheese and edge of dough..
- Fold edges of dough over string cheese and press to seal to form stuffed crust.
- Crush 3/4 cup of the French's cheese french fried onions and press lightly into pizza crust dough..
- Par bake stuffed crust according to directions on can of pizza crust dough of your choice (usually 5 to 6 minutes).
- Allow par baked crust to cool 5 minutes, then evenly top with cooked sloppy Joe beef mixture.
- Top sloppy Joe beef mixture with shredded colby cheese evenly (I often end up sprinkling more on. Never have too much cheese…).
- Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup of uncrushed French's French fried cheese onions on top of shredded colby..
- Bake pizza in oven according to directions on crust can (in thin crust case, 10-12 minutes) or until edges are golden..
- Remove pizza from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes before cutting. Serve and Enjoy!.
These sloppy joe sticks are a handheld sloppy joes recipe that meld meat and cheese together inside a burrito made from pizza crust. The regular crust thickness found in the refrigerator section near the biscuits and crescent rolls. Onion: A white or sweet onion, diced. And while we're by no means opposed to starting with a jarred sauce, we also understand that when you want sloppy Joes, you likely don't want to head to the grocery store first. Homemade Sloppy Joes are SO EASY and tastes better!