How to Cook Delicious Instant Pot Sambar
Instant Pot Sambar.
You can cook Instant Pot Sambar using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Sambar
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Toor Dal (Yellow Split Pigeon Peas).
- You need 1 of Bottlegourd.
- It’s 3 of Drumsticks.
- You need 6 cups of Water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Methi Powder.
- You need of Asafoetida (Pinch).
- Prepare 3 of Whole Red Bedgi Chillies (Broken into halves).
- It’s 4-5 of Long Green Chillies (Cut into halves and Slited).
- You need 2 Sprigs of Curry Leaves.
- Prepare 2 of small Onions (Chopped lengthwise).
- It’s 2 of Tomatoes (Chopped).
- You need 2-3 tbsp of Sambar Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Coriander Powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s of Salt (As required).
- You need 1 tbsp of Tamarind Pulp.
Instant Pot Sambar step by step
- Wash the dal nicely till the water runs clear. Add water and keep aside. Remove the skin of bottlegourd. Wash nicely. Cut into small pieces and add to dal water. Clean and cut the drumsticks. Wash nicely and add to the dal water and set aside..
- Using an Instant Pot, with the top off, select 'Saute' to pre-heat the cooker. When 'Hot' appears on the display, add the oil to the cooking pot. Add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Add methi powder, asafoetida, whole red chillies. Add green chillies and curry leaves and saute for few seconds. Add onions and saute till the onions turn light golden brown..
- Add the tomatoes and salt and cook till the tomatoes are soft and mushy..
- Add all the powdered spices ie. turmeric powder, sambar powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder and saute for a minute. Add little water and saute..
- Add the dal, vegetables and water and saute till it comes to a boil..
- Cancel 'Saute'. Close and lock the lid. Turn the steam valve to 'Sealed'. Select 'Pressure Cool or 'Manual'. Keep the pressure on 'High'. Adjust the time button to set 15 minutes of pressure cooking time. When the beep sounds, use a natural release pressure (approx. 20 minutes). When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid..
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve and enjoy immediately or keep the Pot on 'Keep Warm' to enjoy later..
- Serve over hot steamed rice with salad, papad, pickle or any side dish..
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)