Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken
Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken. Brown Stew Chicken is a classic Jamaican stew made with chicken, vegetables and a heavy amount of aromatic spices. The end result is tender chicken, flavorful and rich brown stew gravy and a wonderfully scented kitchen. One of my dear friends and brothers, Lazarus Lynch, recently released.
Watch me make this Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken from start to finish! Welcome to the very first village recipe!! Today it's all about this BOMB Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken!!! You can cook Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken
- You need 6 of Chicken Thighs.
- It’s to taste of seasoned salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 of spring of time.
- You need 2 teaspoon of Jamaican allspice.
- Prepare 2-4 dash of Jamaican pepper sauce.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of bell pepper any color.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of browning sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of pickapepa sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
Anytime I go to a Jamaican restaurant I always get either jerk chicken or brown stew chicken. Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Brown Stew Chicken – incredibly rich in flavor Jamaican classic stewed chicken that's primarily sweet and spicy. I am obviously going to tell you that this Jamaican Brown Chicken Stew is amazingly good, which they are.
Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken instructions
- Combine all ingredients except flour and marinate for 3 hrs.
- Remove chicken and lightly toss chicken in flour.
- Lightly fry/brown chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients from marinade including juices.
- Add 1/2 cup water and let it cook fo 25-30 mins serve with coconut rice and peas if you like.
I looooove spicy things in general (if you haven't figured that out yet). I'm Jamaican and this is the way my Mama made brown stew chicken. It's traditionally served with rice and peas, sliced tomatoes / avocado and fried ripe plantain. If you cut the chicken into very small pieces, you'll need to reduce the cooking times. Jamaican brown stew chicken is a dish that reminds me of friendship.