Recipe: Delicious Chicago-style Deep-Dish Pepperoni Pizza
Chicago-style Deep-Dish Pepperoni Pizza. A crunchy-edged, flaky crust is key in Chicago-style pizza. It's absolutely not a regular pizza crust. My husband loves a good pepperoni pizza and bacon is his favorite food, so I add both to my Chicago-style pizza.
This Chicago deep dish recipe is quick, easy and the opposite way to Italian pizza. With this style of pizza the ingredients are layered the opposite way to Italian pizza. Cheese first, then toppings, then sauce. You can have Chicago-style Deep-Dish Pepperoni Pizza using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicago-style Deep-Dish Pepperoni Pizza
- You need of almond meal /flour.
- Prepare of sea salt.
- You need of dried basil.
- You need of dried oregano.
- It’s of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of EVOO.
- It’s of water.
- You need of small onion, chopped finely.
- You need of small bell pepper, chopped.
- You need of pizza sauce.
- Prepare of sliced pepperoni.
Chicago-style pizza is pizza prepared according to several different styles developed in Chicago. The most famous is the deep-dish pizza. Spicy, cheesy and covered in hot pepperoni! Prepare your taste buds for some Chicago style Deep Dish Pizza!
Chicago-style Deep-Dish Pepperoni Pizza step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- In med. bowl, combine almond meal/flour, salt, basil, oregano and 1/2 c cheese..
- In small bowl, whisk eggs, 2 T oil and water. Add to almond meal/flour mixture and mix well..
- Coat a 9"pie plate with 2 T oil. Evenly spread dough in pan and up the sides at least 1". Bake for 20 min..
- In a skillet, heat 2 T oil and cook onion and peppers until softened..
- Remove crust from oven and top with sauce, onion/pepper mix, pepperoni and 1/2 c cheese. Drizzle 1/4 c oil on top and bake 10 min. or until cheese melts..
In Chi town, we do not consider them toppings so much as filling. Combine them with the Pizza Seasoning or herbs, and the garlic and sugar (if you're using them). Add salt to taste; you probably won't need any additional salt if you've used the Pizza Seasoning. Search result for chicago-style deep-dish pepperoni pizza. See great recipes for Chicago-style Deep-Dish Pepperoni Pizza too!