Recipe: Delicious Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
Grilled Huli Huli Chicken. Huli means "turn" in Hawaiian and refers to how it's prepared: grilled between two racks and turned halfway through cooking. This simplified version calls for chicken pieces and a standard grill. The original recipe is a trade secret, but you can find many slightly different variations on the internet.
This Huli Huli chicken has become increasingly popular at our house! This grilled Huli Huli chicken definitely falls into the triple batch category! This Grilled Huli Huli Chicken is the juiciest and most delicious Hawaiian chicken you'll ever try! You can cook Grilled Huli Huli Chicken using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
- You need 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 3/4 cup of reduced-sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sherry or chicken broth.
- It’s 2-1/2 teaspoons of minced fresh gingerroot.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
- Prepare of Value pack boneless skinless chicken thighs or boneless skinless breast(I did shish kabobs).
Great alone or served on rice or noodles!! Originally this chicken was cooked over a pit, thus inheriting the name huli huli or turn turn chicken. I first had it at one of our neighbor's houses in Texas. I don't know about y'all, but the last couple of months I have been busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!
Grilled Huli Huli Chicken instructions
- In a small bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 8 hours or overnight..
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade..
- Grill chicken, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. ENJOY.
Between buying a new house, moving, renovating the old house for sale and now that summer's rolled around, spending a lot more time with the. Huli Huli Chicken is marinated in intensely sweet and savory huli huli sauce and then grilled. In Hawaii, it's often cooked on a rotisserie over an open fire, but it's entirely possible to make perfectly delicious versions on a home grill. The kick of red pepper flakes or hot sauce is most certainly is not. Huli Huli Chicken- Grilled or Baked Hawaiian Chicken Drumsticks marinated in a sweet pineapple, ginger, garlic sauce.