Recipe: Appetizing Oven Grilled Barbeque Chicken Quarters
Oven Grilled Barbeque Chicken Quarters. Pat the chicken quarters dry with a paper towel, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Prepare a large metal baking sheet with tin foil, and spray lightly with cooking spray. Place chicken leg quarters on the metal baking sheet that has been covered with tin foil.
Place a dripping pan below the grill. The challenge being create awesome bbq chicken that well isn't made on the grill BUT had the same awesome flavor. One of the hardest components to recreate in an oven is that smokey flavor. You can cook Oven Grilled Barbeque Chicken Quarters using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Grilled Barbeque Chicken Quarters
- You need 2 of large chicken quarters.
- It’s of Chicken Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3-4 tbsp of vegetable/canola oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder/puree.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger powder/puree.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder/puree.
- You need 1 tsp of chicken cube.
- Prepare 1 tsp of all spice/curry powder.
- It’s of Barbecue Sauce.
- It’s 5 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mayonnaise/salad cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice / apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar / honey.
- It’s 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder/puree.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder/puree.
- You need to taste of Black pepper,.
- Prepare to taste of Salt,.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Position the chicken quarters onto the baking sheet, making sure that none of pieces overlap. In a bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients. Rub the chicken leg quarters all over and under the skin.
Oven Grilled Barbeque Chicken Quarters instructions
- Thoroughly wash and clean the chicken. After, using a paper towel pat dry the chicken quarters until dry..
- In a small bowl, combine all the seasonings and stir to combine..
- Now, with a brush, generously brush the seasoning onto the chicken, seasoning both sides of each. Let rest for 10 minutes uncovered on the counter..
- Meanwhile, grease the grill or grid of your oven with oil and preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit..
- After the chicken rests, place them skin side down on the grill or grid and put in the preheated oven. Place a dripping pan below the grill..
- Roast in the middle of the oven for 60 minutes+, depending on how dry or cooked you want your chicken. Basting the chicken with the seasoning mix every 20 minutes..
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine all the ingredients for the barbeque sauce and cook for about 3 minutes stirring frequently until a dark red colour is reached. Set aside for later..
- With 10 minutes to go, take the chicken out of the oven and brush all sides of the chicken with the barbeque sauce, put back in the oven to roast for the last 10 minutes..
- Take out of the oven when done cooking and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. After, cut it up if desired and serve hot or warm. Enjoy!.
Combine basting sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. and set aside Place the chicken in the middle of the grill. Place onions on baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and toss to coat. Place the chicken leg quarters in the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet or a baking dish. Melt the butter and brush it over each chicken leg quarter. Sprinkle generously with seasoning of choice.