How to Cook Yummy Daalichi Aamti (Drumsticks Daal In Maharashtrian Style)
Daalichi Aamti (Drumsticks Daal In Maharashtrian Style).
You can cook Daalichi Aamti (Drumsticks Daal In Maharashtrian Style) using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Daalichi Aamti (Drumsticks Daal In Maharashtrian Style)
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Toor Dal (Tuvar daal / Split Pigeon Peas).
- You need 1/2 of Tomato…. Chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Drumsticks.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Jaggery.
- You need 1/4 cup of Fresh Coriander Leaves for garnishing.
- It’s of For The Tempering :.
- You need 2 tsp of Homemade Ghee (Clarified Butter).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida.
- You need 1 of Green Chilli.
- Prepare 1 sprig of Curry Leaves.
Daalichi Aamti (Drumsticks Daal In Maharashtrian Style) instructions
- To make the Daalichi Aamti, first wash the Tuvar daal twice and soak in sufficient water for about an hour and a half. After the daal is well soaked, drain out all the water..
- Transfer it to a colander and add to it, turmeric powder, chopped tomato and clean water, a little above the level of the daal..
- Wash the drumsticks and chop into medium pieces without peeling it too much. Try keeping the peels intact. Else the drumsticks will get totally smashed when cooked in a pressure cooker..
- Transfer the drumsticks to a colander and add very little water to it..
- Place the daal in the pressure cooker and shut the colander with a lid. Place the colander with drumsticks over it, uncovered..
- Close the pressure cooker lid and cook for 8 whistles. Let the pressure release naturally and then open the lid..
- Smash the daal with the back of a ladle and add some water to get a medium thick consistency..
- It is better to add at first the water in which the drumsticks have been cooked and then more water if required to get a medium thick consistency..
- Next, add the jaggery, red chilli powder and salt to taste..
- Bring it to a boil and add the cooked drumsticks to it. Boil further for a minute or two and switch off the flame..
- Heat a tempering kadhai and add the homemade ghee to it..
- Add the mustard seeds and as soon as they splutter, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida, green chillies and curry leaves..
- Pour this tempering over the daal and garnish with chopped coriander leaves..
- Serve this delicious Daalichi Aamti with steamed rice, a wedge of lemon and some vegetable by the side!.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)