How to Prepare Tasty Lentil Oats Porridge with Tomatoes and Prawns
Lentil Oats Porridge with Tomatoes and Prawns.
You can cook Lentil Oats Porridge with Tomatoes and Prawns using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lentil Oats Porridge with Tomatoes and Prawns
- You need 1/2 cup of tuvar dal (pigeon pea lentil), boiled.
- You need 1/2 cup of oats.
- It’s 2-3 of tomatoes, pureed.
- You need 20-25 of prawns, cleaned.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil / butter.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of roasted cumin powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper powder.
- You need 2 of slit green chilies (opt).
- You need 3 cups of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lime juice.
Lentil Oats Porridge with Tomatoes and Prawns instructions
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the prawns for a few seconds. Drain and keep aside..
- Dry roast the oats and keep aside..
- In the same oil saute the onions till light brown..
- Add the ginger-garlic paste & all the dry spices mixed with little water. Stir fry for a few seconds..
- Add the tomato puree, oats and green chilies. Saute for a minute..
- Add the boiled dal.
- Add water and bring it to a boil..
- Add the prawns & simmer for 5-10 minutes or till it thickens to a desired consistency..
- Add lime juice and garnish with coriander leaves. Enjoy as a light dinner or whenever you wish..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)