How to Make Yummy Chicken Qorma
Chicken Qorma. Chicken korma recipe with video and step by step photos – Korma is a delicious gravy usually made with onions, spices, nuts, yogurt, seeds, coconut, vegetables or meat. It originated in the Indian subcontinent during the Mughal Era & later became immensely popular across the world. There are so many ways a korma is made, most of them are adapted to the regional cuisines.
If you are a foodie and belong to central Asia specially Pakistan or India then you must be familiar with. Get Chicken Korma Recipe from Food Network. Korma, also spelled as Khurma or Kurma, is a milder form of curry and is distinguished from other curries by its rich gravy and smooth texture, mainly because of its heavy incorporation of yogurt as part of its main ingredients. You can cook Chicken Qorma using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Qorma
- It’s 1 kg of chicken boneless.
- You need 500 gms of yogurt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of brown onion.
- You need 1 tsp of red chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of all spices.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 2 tbsp of Shan Qorma masala.
- It’s 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- You need 2 of Green cardamom.
- It’s 4 of Cloves.
- Prepare 1 cup of oil.
This korma recipe is not at all tasty! It does not do any justice for the chicken korma. Pakistani food is filled with more flavor and you can taste the spices in the chicken because you marinate for literally a min! If you like this recipe and want to add a pinch of spice add some curry powder (lal mich) and you should get something than bland.
Chicken Qorma instructions
- In a pan add oil. Add in cloves, cinnamon sticks and green cardamom..
- Add in chicken boneless pieces. Fry well till it changes color..
- Add in ginger garlic paste. Mix well..
- Add salt,red chili powder, black pepper, all spice, turmeric powder, coriander powder and Qorma masala. Add 1 cup water and cook for 5 minutes..
- Serve with nan.
Step by step recipe of easy Chicken Korma recipe Pakistani style with photos of each step. Korma or qorma is a famous or in fact iconic Pakistani dish. It is often served in weddings and feasts. This dish entered Indian and Pakistani cuisine during Mughal Era. Korma is a cherished South Asian dish with Mughlai origins.