How to Prepare Tasty Daal Dhokli
Daal Dhokli. Learn how to make Dal Dhokli – Easy To Make Homemade Gujarati Main Course Recipe By Ruchi Bharani Dal dhokli is a very popular Gujarati delicacy which is made. After a lot of (over) indulgence during the holidays, its time to get back to hearty, homey comfort foods. Daal Dhokli is simply a bowl of warmth and.
It has soft textured dhokli submerged in semi thick dal like lentil gravy and has mild sweet and spicy taste of aromatic spices and crunchy peanuts. While dal is cooking, prepare dough for dhokli. Dal dhokli is a Sunday morning delight in most traditional Gujarati households! You can have Daal Dhokli using 29 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Daal Dhokli
- You need 1/2 cup of Tuar Daal (Toor Daal / Split Pigeon Peas).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Bedgi Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbs of Tamarind Extract.
- Prepare 8 tbs of Jaggery (To be adjusted as per taste).
- You need 5 cups of Water or as needed.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of For The Dhokli :.
- Prepare 1 cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
- Prepare 2 tbs of Besan (Chickpea Flour).
- You need 2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ajwain (Carrom Seeds/Owaa).
- Prepare 1 cup of Water or as needed.
- It’s To Taste of Salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Oil.
- You need of For The Tempering :.
- It’s 4 tsp of Homemade Ghee.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Asafoetida.
- Prepare 4 of Cloves.
- It’s 2 sticks of Cinnamon (1″).
- You need 10 of Bor Marchaa.
- It’s of For Garnishing :.
- It’s As needed of Chopped Coriander leaves.
- Prepare As needed of Homemade Ghee.
A perfect combination of spiced whole wheat flour dhoklis simmered in Gujarati dal, traditional. Dal Dhokli is a traditional Gujarati dish. This recipe consists of spicy whole wheat uncooked roti pieces simmered into dal and cooked to perfection. Savory whole wheat noodles cooked in sweet, spicy and tangy lentil stew makes Daal Dhokli an ultimate comfort food!
Daal Dhokli step by step
- For the Daal Dhokli, first soak the tuar daal in sufficient water for about an hour and a half..
- Next, rinse it well at least thrice and transfer it to a cooking utensil..
- Add the turmeric powder and water, a little above the level of the daal and cover with a lid..
- Place the utensil in a pressure cooker and cook on high heat for about 3 whistles on high heat and then for 8-10 minutes on low flame..
- When the pressure releases naturally, open the cooker and extract the daal..
- Mash it well with a ladle and add the mentioned water, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, tamarind extract, jaggery and salt to taste..
- Mix well and bring to a boil. Adjust seasoning as per taste..
- In the meantime, knead the dough for dhokli with the mentioned ingredients and set aside for about 15 minutes..
- Roll it into a disc of about 9″, slightly thicker than a phulka..
- Cut it into to diamond shaped pieces and set aside..
- Add these dhoklis to the simmering curry and increase the flame to medium. Stir very carefully..
- After about 6-7 minutes of boiling, the daal will thicken and the dhoklis once cooked, will rise to the surface..
- Check seasoning and adjust as required. Switch off the flame and set aside..
- Heat a kadhai for tempering and add homemade ghee to it..
- Add the mustard seeds and as soon as they splutter, add the asafoetida, cloves, cinnamon and bor marcha..
- Pour it over the prepared daal dhokli and mix well..
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve it in individual bowls with a generous drizzle of homemade ghee!.
After a lot of (over) indulgence during the holidays, its time to get back to hearty, homey comfort foods. Daal Dhokli is simply a bowl of warmth and goodness. Dal Dhokli Recipe, Learn how to make Dal Dhokli (absolutely delicious recipe of Dal Dhokli This Dal Dhokli recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested recipes from NDTV Food. See great recipes for Dal Dhokli, Tuvar dal dhokli, Gujarati Dal Dhokli too! Gujarati Dal Dhokli Recipeis a one pot meal where strips of thepla dough are simmered in a flavourful toor dal flavoured with whole spices and a distinct flavour from the curry leaves.