Recipe: Yummy Baked ziti
Baked ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. Baked Ziti is so much more than just a Bolognese pasta bake…. It's a big, juicy baked pasta that's loaded with flavour from a healthy dose of seasonings and topped with a generous amount of cheese.
I turn to this easy baked ziti recipe anytime I'm serving a crowd. Baked Ziti Is Lasagna's Chill, Laid-Back Cousin. Lasagna and baked ziti share a lot of the same ingredients, but I find that baked ziti is a lot easier to throw together and serve. You can cook Baked ziti using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked ziti
- It’s of ground beef (or turkey).
- Prepare of mild italian sausage.
- It’s of spaghetti sauce.
- You need of onion (diced).
- It’s of garlic (minced).
- Prepare of mozzerella (shredded).
- It’s of rotelle pasta.
- It’s of Salt/pepper.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
The best recipe for baked ziti casserole. Baked Ziti is a classic baked pasta dish. It's basically some kind of tomato or meat sauce baked in a dish with some kind of cheese and, of course, ziti noodles—unless you're me. Cook the ziti until not quite al dente.
Baked ziti step by step
- Bring pan of water to boil. Add salt and pasta..cook until they have a little bit of chew to them still 8-10 min. Drain and return to pan..
- Brown sausage with a little bit of olive oil. Remove from pan..
- Add onion to drippings from sausage, saute. Add garlic just before onions are done..
- Add ground beef to onions and garlic, brown and then drain fat. Return to heat and add sausage and sauce. Let simmer.
- In baking dish coat bottom with sauce, add layer of cheese followed by a layer of pasta.. Repeat until all is used..top with a final layer of cheese and parm..
- Bake at 350°F for 20 min. Cheese should be melted and slightly golden brown..
- Serve and enjoy!!!.
Baked ziti is one of those classic Italian pastas that we have to order whenever we see it. But perfecting ziti at home is actually easy—all it takes is a good meat sauce. This baked ziti recipe is layers of pasta with meat sauce and three types of cheese, all cooked together to golden brown perfection. A hearty dinner option that's perfect for feeding a crowd! This amazing Baked Ziti recipe is layered with Italian sausage, ricotta cheese, sweet marinara sauce and plenty of mozzarella.