Recipe: Perfect Spicy Island Bison Burgers
Spicy Island Bison Burgers. Bison (buffalo) meat is a great substitute for beef—it's just as flavorful but much leaner. Take care not to overcook it, as it can dry out quickly. While the burgers cook, toast the rolls on the grill.
Give this fast food favorite a complete makeover resulting in a lower-fat, low-carb and nutrient-dense dish. These Spicy Bison Burgers make for a wonderful meal; they are packed with protein and great flavor. Pair them up with a little avocado and fresh vegetables! You can cook Spicy Island Bison Burgers using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Island Bison Burgers
- You need of Ground Bison.
- Prepare of seasoning.
- You need of pineapple rings.
- Prepare of cream cheese, softened.
- You need of diced, pickled jalapenos.
- It’s of Kings Hawaiian Burger Bunes.
Preston got home just as I was taking my Spicy Bison Burgers out of the oven; we added avocado slices and sriracha on top of. Use lean bison meat for the patty and eliminate carbs with an iceberg lettuce wrap. Move over Cows, the Bison is in the house! Try something new with a Bison Burger!
Spicy Island Bison Burgers instructions
- Form your ground bison into 2 equal sized patties. Season with your favorite burger seasoning..
- Stir jalapenos into cream cheese. Set aside..
- Place burgers and pineapple rings onto hot grill (approx. 300*F). Cook for approximately 6 minutes. Flip burgers and pineapples..
- After approximately 4 more minutes, place a spoonful of cream cheese onto the top of each burger. Place pineapple rings on top. Close grill and allow to cook for 2 more minutes..
- Place burgers on burger buns and serve..
- You'll probably have lots of leftover pineapple rings… might I suggest an excuse to make: Pineapple Upside Down Cake!.
We encourage you to try something new and exciting! These grilled bison burgers are juicy and full of flavor, perfect for summertime picnics. I didn't have a grill so they are pan fried in a little olive oil. Added sweet and spicy BBQ sauce in place of the hot sauce and muenster cheese. Im from the Midwest and joke because I cant season my food even I had a bison burger in Montana this past July and I cant stop thinking about how good it was.