Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Vietnamese Sour Clam Soup
Vietnamese Sour Clam Soup. Vietnamese SOUR CLAM SOUP はまぐりの酸っぱいスープ Canh chua ngao. The pineapple and tomato in this soup give it the subtle sourness and sweetness. Sour Clam Soup: This is a cool choice for people in summer.
Whenever I went to a Vietnamese restaurant I usually stuck to what I knew I liked, Pho. One time my husband decided to order a Sweet & Sour Clam One time my husband decided to order a Sweet & Sour Clam soup to share, and it was love at first bite (sip?). This recipe is an adaptation of that. You can cook Vietnamese Sour Clam Soup using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Sour Clam Soup
- Prepare of clams.
- It’s of bowl water.
- Prepare of soup base.
- It’s of tomatoes.
- Prepare of pineapple.
- It’s of slices pickled pig's ear.
- Prepare of stalks green onion.
- You need of Vietnamese laksa (Rau răm) and rice paddy herb (rau ngổ) if available. If not, coriander is fine..
A regional guide to the most slurp-worthy bowls to eat in Vietnam. Canh Chua Vietnamese Sour Tamarind Soup. Authentic Vietnamese ingredients, like tamarind pulp, chili paste, and fish sauce give this sweet-sour shrimp soup rich, bold flavor. With a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp and pineapple to wide soup bowls.
Vietnamese Sour Clam Soup step by step
- Soak and clean the clams then boil them with 1 1/2 bowls of water until bubbling and the clams’ shells are open..
- When the clams are cooked through, pour them into a strainer..
- Drain the boiled water into a bowl..
- Pick out the cooked clams and set aside..
- Slice the tomatoes into wedges..
- Slice the pineapple into 0.5 cm pieces..
- Wash the green onion and cut it into 2 cm-long pieces. Rinse the laksa leaves and rice paddy herbs then chop them into small pieces..
- Stir-fry the clams until lightly cooked to absorb the spices with soup base..
- Add and lightly fry the tomatoes and pineapples..
- Add the boiled clam liquid, pickled pig’s ears, and bring to a boil. Adjust seasoning if needed..
- When the soup boils, add spring onions, laksa leaves, rice paddy herbs and turn off the heat..
- This sweet and sour clam soup is excellent with rice!.
Stir tomatoes, bean sprouts, basil, and rice-paddy herb into hot broth. Vietnamese Soup Shrimp soup is a traditional side dish in Vietnamese home-cooking. It's a classic soup component for many Vietnamese family-style Vietnamese Sour Shrimp Soup (Canh Chua Tom). It's November and I'm still getting fresh vegetables from the garden. Usually by this time of year.