Recipe: Tasty Redcurrant Salad
Redcurrant Salad. THE BEST SALAD WITH RED CURRANT. AMAZING RECIPE In this video we will cook the delicious and incredibly tender salad with red currant. The species is widely cultivated and has escaped into the wild in many regions.
And then, there is also redcurrant salsa! Creme de cassis: optional, I use it when I happen to have it. Remove the stems from the spinach. You can have Redcurrant Salad using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Redcurrant Salad
- It’s 1 of half a head Lettuce.
- You need 1 of Turnip.
- It’s 1 of Cucumber.
- You need 1 bunch of Redcurrants.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of swirl Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Citrus vinegar (lemon etc.).
- It’s 1 of Salt (for the turnip).
Melt the red currant jelly with the mango vinegar in a small pot over medium-low heat. We'd been eyeing the currants for a while and they are a deliciously unexpected note here: fresh, bitterly green and bright salad, with sweet-tart red berries, crunchy cucumbers. Redcurrant jelly goes with roast lamb, of course, but these currants look better than they taste, and I thought combining these acidic berries with lamb in a salad would make a nice change for a hot. Using the red chard gives this salad an earthy taste and accentuates its rustic nature.
Redcurrant Salad step by step
- Thinly slice the turnip, and lightly sprinkle it with salt..
- Cut the lettuce and cucumber into bite-sized pieces..
- Squeeze the moisture out of the wilted turnip, and combine it with the lettuce and cucumber. Mix in the dressing ingredients..
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the redcurrants..
- It will have a crispy texture if you eat it straight away. If you leave it overnight, it will be like a marinade..
- This is a strawberry salad which I ate in a restaurant in Onsevig, Lolland, Denmark..
- This is a redcurrant salad..
- Here is a redcurrant sour…
- And redcurrant jam.. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/142569-red-currant-jam.
By slicing the chard into very thin strips, there's more tenderness. Apart from red currants it is also known as Cultivated Currant, Common Currant As mentioned before, Redcurrants are rich in vitamin C, which strengthens the immune. See more ideas about Currants, Red currant, Food. If using frozen currants, defrost them. Mash the currants and, if necessary, sweeten to taste with sugar.