Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Pork, Apple And Chestnut Stuffing
Pork, Apple And Chestnut Stuffing. Whether used to stuff your favourite bird or served as a side, this delicious chestnut stuffing with pork and apple is full of festive flavour. Don't wait until Christmas to enjoy this traditional chestnut stuffing – use some of it to stuff a bird and cook the remainder in an ovenproof dish to serve as a side. A simple stuffing, sweetened with apples and chestnuts and lightly accented with cinnamon and sage, is rolled up inside a butterflied pork loin in this centerpiece dish.
Stretch each bacon rasher with the back of a cook's knife, then. This Apple and Chestnut Stuffing is really delicious. I made it to go with my apple spice pork tenderloin and the flavors were perfect together. You can cook Pork, Apple And Chestnut Stuffing using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork, Apple And Chestnut Stuffing
- It’s 1/2 kg of Best pork mince.
- It’s 1 packages of Paxo sage and onion stuffing (small).
- You need 1 of Cooking apple.
- Prepare 200 grams of Cooked chestnuts.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 of Glass white wine.
- It’s 1 of Knob butter.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 bunch of Fresh herbs – thyme, parsley, sage.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Honey.
To make this a paleo recipe just omit the stuffing and add cubed sweet potatoes! Author Stir in apples, chestnuts, and sage. Pork & Apple Recipe Alright guys this weeks recipe is for pork loin stuffed with apple and bacon. Pork and apples are a classic recipe combination.
Pork, Apple And Chestnut Stuffing step by step
- Make up the Paxo as per the box instructions, transfer to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool..
- In a small saucepan, add the onion, garlic, butter and thyme. Cook for 2 minutes untill onions are softened. Add the wine and half the sage and simmer for a further 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat..
- When the Paxo mix has cooled, add the pork mince and salt and pepper seasoning and mix well. Then add the softened onions and herbs and the rest of the fresh herbs, keeping a few sage leaves back for garnish. Mix well..
- Chop half the cooking apple into small cubes and add to the stuffing mix. Crush the chestnuts and add 1 third to the mix, mix well..
- Take a foil dish, as there is no fat in pork mince, you will need to add a dash of olive oil and spread this around the dish so the stuffing does not stick and burn the bottom..
- Add the stuffing mix to the dish and pat down. Add the rest of the chestnuts over the top and slice the rest of the apple into wedges and pack down the sides with the few sage leaves you have left..
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 150 C. Remove from the oven and drizzle the honey over the top. Return the stuffing to the oven for a further 20 minutes..
- Either serve straight away with your roast turkey/ goose/chicken or if making in advance, you can freeze before cooking (hence the disposable foil tray!)..
This recipe was good but I made it for a friend who is not bread stuffing eater. Instead I did rice with chopped apples and crumbled bacon added a slice of bacon around each chop and baked as for. Apples and stuffing mix provides a wonderful addition to these pork chops – perfect for dinner. Stir in stuffing mix and cranberries. A great all-round stuffing, studded with chestnut and apple and fragrant with herbs.