How to Make Perfect Pork And Apple Stuffing
Pork And Apple Stuffing. Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in stuffing mix and cranberries. I wanted some more apples, so I peeled and sliced a large apple and spread that across the pie filling.
Meanwhile, prepare stuffing according to package directions. Place the pork chops on top; spoon stuffing over chops. Thick pork loin chops are heavenly when baked with a simple bread stuffing flavored with apples and celery. You can cook Pork And Apple Stuffing using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork And Apple Stuffing
- Prepare 2 cup of Breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Granola flakes.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Dried Sage.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Dried Thyme.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mixed Pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Apple Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Apple grated.
- It’s 1 tsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Prepare 300 g. of Pork Sausage meat.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Virgin Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 Cup of boiling Water.
The delicious results will look like you've slaved for hours. Cook just before you want to serve it as the stuffing may become dry if cooked and reheated. Stuffing made with sausagemeat is usually high in saturated fat, so we used reduced-fat sausages. We replaced some of the meat with apple, onion and wholemeal breadcrumbs, too.
Pork And Apple Stuffing step by step
- Add the breadcrumbs to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cereal and mix.
- Add the salt, pepper, sage and thyme and mix until all mixed in.
- Add the boiling water to soak up and mix.
- Add the sausage meat and mix well.
- 7. Add the olive oil mix it all .then add to a ovenproof dish cover with foil or lid and put in a preheated oven.
- Cook on 175C / gas 6 for 20 out and mix it all up and put back in the oven for a further 20 minutes without a lid so as its a little crunchy on top..
- Serve on the side of any pork meal or Sunday Roast.
- Mix in the crispy top and serve.
To make the stuffing, boil the water and butter in a large saucepan. Mix in the chicken base and the onion; stir well and add the stuffing mix. Add the onion, apples and sage. Remove from the heat and gently stir in the bread, egg, butter and salt and pepper. Add the chicken stock gradually until everything is moistened.