Recipe: Perfect Spatchcock chicken (suya) yaji spice.
Spatchcock chicken (suya) yaji spice.. Great recipe for Spatchcock chicken (suya) yaji spice. I thought of the perfect gift for my little niece birthday party. And I came up with this whole roasted spatchcock chicken.
If you grew up in Nigeria. Then Suya spice aka yaji spice would be like second nature to you because suya is one of the most popular street foods in Nigeria. Due to it's popularity, suya spice has become almost a staple in most homes. You can cook Spatchcock chicken (suya) yaji spice. using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spatchcock chicken (suya) yaji spice.
- You need of Full chicken spatchcocked.
- It’s of Curry.
- You need of Thyme.
- Prepare of Yaji spice.
- You need of Knorr seasoning.
- You need of Salt(optional).
- It’s of Magarine melted.
Chicken Suya made with chicken wings! This popular Nigerian street food recipe is perfect for the summer, entertaining or to just enjoy on a weeknight. The chicken is marinated in Suya spice also known as yaji or Suya pepper and then grilled to perfection with the wings falling off the bones. Suya is a cheap, accessible food, even for the poorest citizens of Nigeria, meaning its popularity hasn't waned much since it showed up on the scene, and every day more stands, or mai suya, are popping up.
Spatchcock chicken (suya) yaji spice. instructions
- To spatchcock a chicken, remove the back bone,leading from it head..
- Wash thoroughly and cut off half parts of the legs..
- Dry with a clean kitchen towel..
- Press the chicken chest flat down until it balances with the legs for even and easier roasting…
- Rub the body thoroughly with melted magarine.
- Mix the yaji spices with the other spices and rub thoroughly over the chicken.
- Marinate for 2 to 3hrs.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and roast for 1 hr 20 minutes.
- Baste the chicken with melted magarine after 45 minutes before its fully roasted.
Chicken Suya is an extremely popular Nigerian Chicken recipe. Nigerian Chicken Suya is simply Yaji Spice infused grilled Chicken. Chicken Suya can be made with either boneless or boned Chicken. When making it with boneless chicken, it's more ideal to use Chicken thigh rather than breast as the thigh is softer and more flavourful. The Suya Spice recipe is here!