Recipe: Delicious Bacon-Maple Sugar Cookies
Bacon-Maple Sugar Cookies. I pulverized crispy smoked bacon with maple sugar in a coffee grinder, added pimenton de la vera to emphasize the smoky flavor, then whipped it into buttery cookie dough. A muddle of flaky salt, more bacon, coarse sugar and paprika tops the piggies, giving it added umami and crunch. These Maple Bacon Sugar Cookies are a take on my favorite donut.
These maple sugar cookies are soft cut-out sugar cookies with crisp, defined edges that are loaded with maple syrup flavor – no chilling required, and ready I've already incorporated maple syrup into my breakfast with these maple bacon donuts, maple bacon snickerdoodles, maple bacon cupcakes. Then add the bacon pieces and pecans and mix again, until just combined. Scoop the cookie dough by the tablespoonful onto two sheet pans (either lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat) and sprinkle a generous amount of maple sugar on top of each mound of dough. You can have Bacon-Maple Sugar Cookies using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon-Maple Sugar Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of Fine Sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 each of Egg and 1 Yolk.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of AP Flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Self-Rising Flour.
- You need 1 each of chocolate frosting & vanilla frosting.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Bacon Drippings.
- It’s 1 tsp of Honey.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
These Maple Bacon Pretzel Rods are the perfect combination of sweet & salty – a bacon lover's dream! To make glaze, whisk confectioners' sugar, water, and maple syrup together in a bowl until smooth. Reviews for: Photos of Bacon Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies With Maple Glaze. Serve these maple and brown sugar glazed bacon strips as part of a breakfast, or cut up and use on appetizers or burger toppings.
Bacon-Maple Sugar Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine sugar and eggs until smooth. Mix in bacon drippings, honey and vanilla.
- Sift flour and incorporate into wet mix making sure no lumps form.
- Knead dough for 10 seconds and chill for 20 min.
- Form cookies and bake for 15-20 min until golden.
- For Maple Frosting: Add 2 tbs good quality maple syrup to your chocolate frosting.
- Decorate and enjoy :).
If you want to spice the bacon strips up a bit, sprinkle them lightly with some cinnamon sugar just before baking. Save the collected maple, and bacon flavored drippings to. Bacon goes with everything, especially our sugar free maple syrup! These cookies are a deliciously different way to kick start baking season. These cookies are a deliciously different way to kick start baking season.