How to Prepare Perfect Southern Chicken Waffle Burger With Egg & Maple Glazed Bacon
Southern Chicken Waffle Burger With Egg & Maple Glazed Bacon. Great recipe for Southern Chicken Waffle Burger With Egg & Maple Glazed Bacon. I love making a burger, and I'm particularly partial to a southern style chicken one. Here I've mixed things up a bit and used waffles instead of a bun.
Here I've mixed things up a bit and used waffles instead of a bun. This also has an amazing combination of sweet and savoury. Spicy southern fried chicken and waffles is no different. You can cook Southern Chicken Waffle Burger With Egg & Maple Glazed Bacon using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southern Chicken Waffle Burger With Egg & Maple Glazed Bacon
- Prepare of Serves: 1 person.
- You need 2 of waffles, (homemade or store bought),.
- It’s 1 of chicken breast,.
- Prepare 2 of medium eggs, 1 beaten,.
- It’s 1 tbsp of BBQ sauce,.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Crispy onions, (you can buy them in most supermarkets),.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of maple syrup,.
- It’s 2 rashers of streaky smoked bacon,.
- It’s 1 of reduced fat burger cheese slice,.
- You need 1 handful of rocket leaves,.
- Prepare of For the chicken seasoning:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white plain flour,.
- Prepare Pinch of Salt,.
- Prepare Pinch of white pepper,.
- It’s of Grind of black pepper,.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of oregano,.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of thyme,.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dried basil,.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic granules,.
- Prepare of Small pinch dried powdered ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of celery salt.
I like to spice up the egg wash, literally, with hot sauce and buttermilk (buttermilk = more flavor, roll with me here), but otherwise I follow this same rule of thumb. How To Make Chicken and Waffles. Then blend the sour cream, milk, butter, and egg yolks. Fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients.
Southern Chicken Waffle Burger With Egg & Maple Glazed Bacon step by step
- In a bowl mix together all of the chicken seasoning ingredients. Take the chicken breast and place on a chopping board and cover with a layer of cling film then using a rolling pin flatten the fatter end down a bit so it cooks evenly once in the oven..
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan). Heat a frying pan over a medium to high heat and add a splash of cooking oil. Once warmed dredge the chicken in the beaten egg then the seasoning and add it to the frying pan. Cook for a couple of minutes each side until golden then remove and add to a baking rack over a foil lined tray. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes..
- Heat through the waffles until crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside and set aside. Take the cheese slice and place it over the chicken in the oven so it melts during the final few minutes of cooking..
- Heat a frying pan and add a little oil. and add the bacon slices and the egg. Turn the bacon every couple of minutes until crisp on the edges and fry the egg sunny side up until the white is cooked and yolk still runny. Remove the bacon and place on kitchen roll to soak up excess grease. Drizzle the bacon with half the maple syrup..
- Remove the chicken from the oven once cooked through (after around 25-30mins of cooking). Set aside..
- Now it's time to construct the burger. First place the first waffle down and add a tiny drizzle of maple syrup and then pile on the rocket leaves. Next add the burger topped with melted cheese. Next add the BBQ sauce and then the fried egg. Sprinkle over the crispy onions and lastly add the second waffle on top..
- Dig in and enjoy! :).
Beat the egg whites till stiff peaks form and fold gently into the batter. This sweet and savory recipe for fried chicken and waffles is simple and straightforward! Crunchy chicken strips and crisp-tender waffles! Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Pour batter onto waffle iron, and cook according to manufacturer's instructions.