Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Broccoli mushroom cheddar mac and cheese
Broccoli mushroom cheddar mac and cheese. Cheesy mac and cheese with sharp cheddar, parmesan, and broccoli. How To Make Cheesy Broccoli: Awesome Broccoli With Cheddar Cheese Sauce Recipe. This Broccoli Mac & Cheese from Delish.com is the best.
I eyeball it and it turns out every time! The broccoli so make has to be FRESH! Add cheese to milk sauce and stir to melt it in, about a minute or so. You can cook Broccoli mushroom cheddar mac and cheese using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli mushroom cheddar mac and cheese
- It’s 2 of broccoli heads.
- Prepare 16 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 200 g of grated cheddar cheese.
- You need 16 oz of elbow pasta (macaroni).
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
Stir in mustard and season sauce with salt and pepper. Simple, delicious, and totally comforting, this White Cheddar Mac and Cheese is the perfect quick fix for weeknight dinners. Add the cooked and drained pasta, broccoli, and chopped chicken back to the skillet with the sauce I use this recipe but I also add a cup of chopped mushrooms with the broccoli. And it is the perfect way to sneak in those greens!
Broccoli mushroom cheddar mac and cheese step by step
- Steam broccoli florets while making sure that they are not overcooked. Keep aside.
- Boil the pasta on salted water and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a sauce pan, and saute garlic and onion for 3-4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix. For extra spice, use red pepper flakes.
- Mix flour with 1/2 cut water and add this mixture to the sauce pan. Mix well (avoid lumps).
- Slowly add milk while stirring. Turn off the heat.
- Add in the grated cheese and mix until the cheese fully melts..
- Mix in the steamed broccoli and boiled pasta..
- Transfer the whole mixture to a oven proof greased pan..
- Top with bread crumbs or Romano cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until cheese starts bubbling on the sides.
- Serve hot with garlic bread.
I also did you guys a favor and added broccoli. Light Mac and Cheese Recipe with Broccoli. My favorite mac & cheese I have ever had was in Portland and they used both sharp cheddar & parm. I love that you tried to make it skinny and then veered off course…I would be the same way. 🙂. Stir Cheddar cheese into the sauce; add the cooked broccoli and macaroni.