Recipe: Yummy Salmon, Shrimp and Scallops poached in a Tomato Cream Broth
Salmon, Shrimp and Scallops poached in a Tomato Cream Broth.
You can have Salmon, Shrimp and Scallops poached in a Tomato Cream Broth using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon, Shrimp and Scallops poached in a Tomato Cream Broth
- You need of skinless salmon fillets cut in 4 portions.
- It’s of raw shrimp, remove shells but save shells for broth..
- You need of sea scallops.
- You need of FOR BROTH.
- It’s of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s of dry white wine.
- You need of 15 ounce can diced tomatos.
- Prepare of celery stalk, chopped.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- It’s of carrot, chopped.
- You need of garlic, peeled, left whole.
- You need of thyme.
- You need of black pepper.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- You need of FOR CREAM BASE.
- It’s of butter.
- Prepare of button mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s of shallot:, minced.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- You need of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Prepare of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of chopped green onions.
Salmon, Shrimp and Scallops poached in a Tomato Cream Broth instructions
- MAKE BROTH.
- In a large skillet melt a bit of butter and add shrimp shells and brown lightly, just 2 to 3 minutes, add all remaining broth ingredients and simmer 30 minutes to reduce by about 1/2, strain broth and discard solids, set aside..
- MAKE CREAM BASE.
- In a saucepan melt butter, add mushrooms cover and cook on low until they become soft, uncover and add shallots and garlic and soften 1 minute, add cream and pepper, salt and hot sauce bring to a simmer and reduce by about 1/2..
- Combine broth and cream reductions and whisk well. Transfer to a deep skillet that has a cover. Add seafood to lightly simmering sauce in one layer cover and poach until all is just cooked through. If your skillet can not hold all the seafood on one layer, poach in batches and remove to a plate and cover while finishing the remainder. The timing depends on the size and thickness of each seafood..
- Place all cooked seafood on a platter. Add parmesan cheese and green onions to sauce, add to seafood..
- This is best served with pasta for the extra sauce and great with a green salad and french bread!.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)