Easiest Way to Make Tasty Cheesy breakfast polenta with eggs
Cheesy breakfast polenta with eggs. Layer your polenta with anything you desire, whether salami or ham — or keep it vegetable-centric with spinach or oven-roasted tomatoes Make nests If you've had the pleasure of a cheesy polenta dinner, topped with a creamy-yolked egg, you can imagine how good that combination is at breakfast. Breakfast Polenta Crostini with Ham & Wisconsin AsiagoPork. Cheesy Polents & Egg Casserole When I read the recipe I thought that it had a good base but would need some help in the taste department.
This cheesy polenta and eggs recipe from Cabot is a must try! Made with two rich types of Cabot cheese and our decadent sour cream, you're sure to Craving a truly satisfying dish? Then try making this recipe for polenta and eggs—it's rich, flavorful and relatively healthy! You can cook Cheesy breakfast polenta with eggs using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy breakfast polenta with eggs
- It’s of polenta.
- Prepare 1 2/3 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of salted butter.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped chives.
- You need 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of yellow corn meal.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese plus 2 tablespoons.
Break eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup and slip one into each indentation. Quick-cooking polenta is ready in just a few minutes – which is all the time you need to saute some pre-washed and pre-chopped greens and fry an egg. Poured the polenta into a bowl, topped with the greens, then quickly fried a couple eggs in the same skillet that the greens were in. Break eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup and slip one into each indentation.
Cheesy breakfast polenta with eggs step by step
- In a sauce pan bring broth and butter to a boil..
- In a bowl, combine milk and corn meal and mix well..
- Slowly add corn meal to boiling broth..
- Whisk continuously until mixture returns to boil, then reduce to low..
- Cook 10 minutes or until it thickens, slowly whisking..
- Remove from heat and add one and one quarter cup of cheese..
- Pour mixture into two individual greased oven proof bowls. Crack one egg in the center of each bowl. With a spoon, make a well for egg to sit in..
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven just until egg sets, just a few minutes. If the yolk stays soft or a little runny all the better..
- Garnish with remaining cheese, chives, a dash of salt,if you prefer and white pepper..
This memorable brunch centerpiece is rich with cheesy polenta, crumbled sausage and baked eggs. Nutirion Profile: Diabetes Appropriate Gluten Free Diet Healthy Weight High Calcium Low Calorie Low Carb. This recipe calls for beaten eggs as opposed to cream cheese and butter in this other one http. Creamy polenta goes great with braised meats. I will be making a sausage polenta casserole with this one.