How to Make Yummy Crab and corn chowder
Crab and corn chowder. Find Deals on Crab And Corn Chowder in Groceries on Amazon. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour; cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
Try the chicken curry variation for a more piquant experience. Heat butter and oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Stir in milk and chicken broth. You can cook Crab and corn chowder using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crab and corn chowder
- You need 1 of small onion diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of jalapeno diced small.
- You need 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of capers.
- It’s 6 of fresh basil leaves chopped small.
- Prepare 2 of small red potatoes 1/2" diced.
- It’s 1 can of corn 15 oz.
- You need 3/4 cup of grape tomatoes sliced in half.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of crab claw meat.
- You need 1/2 cup of shrimp cleaned and chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Stir in the onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic. Crab and corn are a great combo because they are both mild and slightly sweet in flavor. In this thick creamy soup the crab shines through. Add the potatoes, corn, thyme, salt and pepper.
Crab and corn chowder instructions
- Melt butter in pan add olive oil onions and garlic saute oh let's not forget the jalapeno.
- Make a roux with the flour. don't burn your roux. Now add wine.
- Add heavy cream and milk diced potatoes capers and crab and shrimp.
- Add tomatoes and basil corn salt and pepper to taste. A little zatarains seasoning always helps.
- Enjoy a cold beer with this.
Cover and bring to a boil. If you don't have half and half, use whole milk in place of all the milk. Fresh sweet corn in season is best, but frozen is better if the corn available isn't local, fresh or sweet. Sweet, creamy and oh so satisfying! Sweet corn and dungeness crab are a perfect pair in this delicious creamy corn and crab chowder.