Recipe: Yummy Rhubarb & Apple Crumble
Rhubarb & Apple Crumble. Find Deals on Rubarb Plants in Gardening Tools on Amazon. Free Japanese Azalea Orange With All Orders. Rhubarb is a vegetable derived from cultivated plants in the genus Rheum in the family Polygonaceae.
The fleshy, edible stalks of other species and hybrids (culinary rhubarb) were cooked and used for food. Overview Information Rhubarb is a plant. The root and underground stem (rhizome) are used to make medicine. You can have Rhubarb & Apple Crumble using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb & Apple Crumble
- It’s 400 g of rhubarb.
- It’s 1 of bramley apple.
- It’s 100 g of caster sugar.
- You need splash of port.
- It’s 150 g of self raising flour.
- It’s 100 g of butter.
- Prepare 50 g of caster sugar.
The stalk of rhubarb is also consumed as food. Rhubarb is not especially rich in essential nutrients, and its calorie content is low. Rhubarb is a perennial vegetable famous for its tart-flavored pinkish-green stalks, though it's used as a sweetened fruit in pies, tarts, and jams. Here's how to plant, grow, and harvest your own rhubarb.
Rhubarb & Apple Crumble step by step
- Chop the rhubarb and apple up into bitesize chunks, not too small though.
- Simmer the rhubarb and apple with 100g of sugar and a splash of port on a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Rub the flour, butter and remaining sugar together to form the crumble topping.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the fruit in the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees c.
- Serve with cream, ice cream or custard.
Though tart and slightly sour when raw, rhubarb is surprisingly sweet and versatile in these delicious recipes. Make the most of it with fresh cocktails, decadent desserts and meaty main dishes. Pour the stewed rhubarb over ice cream, cakes or use it as a syrup for pancakes or waffles. Rhubarb itself is a bit sour, but it makes for the perfect combination with this light and tasty cake. In French, this type of cake is called a 'Gateau Vite Fait' which basically means it can be quickly made!