Recipe: Yummy Crispy Onion Strings
Crispy Onion Strings. Find Deals on Crispy Onion Strings in Dairy on Amazon. Get Onion Strings Recipe from Food Network. Begin by peeling the onions and slicing very thinly, use a mandoline slicer if you can.
Combine dry ingredients and set aside. Grab a handful of onions, throw into the flour mixture, tap to shake off excess, and PLUNGE into hot oil. Fry for a few minutes and remove as soon as golden brown. You can cook Crispy Onion Strings using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crispy Onion Strings
- It’s 1 large of onion, red, white or yellow.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated garlic or garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- Prepare 4 cup of oil for frying, I used canola oil.
Crispy deep fried onions are one of my favorites to add to BBQ Burgers and they are totally quick and easy to make at home! If you are grilling, cook them up on your propane burner and keep the mess out of the kitchen! Drain on a wire rack or a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with the remaining onion slices.
Crispy Onion Strings instructions
- Peel onion, slice in half and slice as thin as possible. separate into individual half rings..
- Add buttermilk and hot sauce to large bowl, add onion rings and soak at least 10 minutes and up to an hour.
- In another large bowl combine flour, parmesan cheese, sugar,salt, pepper, granulated garlic and chili powder, whisk well to combine..
- Heat oil in dutch oven to 365. Fry onions by taking a handfull of rings out of the buttermilk, letting excess drip off and tossing with seasoned flour, again shaking off excess, add to hot oil and fry, using a fork to separate strands until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Contiue cooking onions in batches until done..
- Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese or salt. Serve hot..
Ways to use fried onion strings. My all-time favorite way to use crispy friend onion strings is on burgers as a topping. Easy homemade crispy fried seasoned onion strings… an absolute must make! Grab a handful while you can, they're sure to disappear fast! Easy homemade crispy fried seasoned onion strings.