How to Make Perfect Scallops and Corriander with Sweet Green Pea puree
Scallops and Corriander with Sweet Green Pea puree. Place peas in a large pan of lightly salted water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until peas are tender but still bright green, cooked slightly longer than usual. To assemble: Portion out the warmed puree onto large plates.
Easy and elegant, this dish is great for Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender and purée to a smooth consistency, adding a little water if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. To make the green pea puree, place the peas and the garlic inside a pot with boiling water and salt. You can have Scallops and Corriander with Sweet Green Pea puree using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scallops and Corriander with Sweet Green Pea puree
- It’s 6 each of Large Sea Scallops.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Crushed Corriander Seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of White Pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 2 pinch of Radish Micro Greens.
- It’s 1 pinch of Finely chopped Chives.
- Prepare of Green Pea Puree.
- You need 1 cup of Baby Sweet Green Peas.
- You need 2 tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sea Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of White Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Boiling Water.
To plate, spread some of the green pea puree at the bottom of the dish and place three scallops on top. Wild asparagus & iberico ham salad with sweet pimenton vinaigrette. The pea purée is quite soft, so it doubles up as a sauce. Serve the scallops with the pea puree, a sprinkle of the bacon mixture and flaky sea salt if desired.
Scallops and Corriander with Sweet Green Pea puree instructions
- For the Pea Puree: Boil 6 tablespoons of water with a dash of salt and add the 1 cup of peas for 4 minutes or til tender. Remove from heat and do not drain water..
- Add just the peas to blender or food processor along with salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of butter. Blend for a few seconds then slowly add 1 or 2 tablespoons of the boiling water until a nice smooth puree..
- Get a pan on medium-high heat then add a drizzle of oil. In a bowl mix the Sea Scallops together with the salt, pepper, and cayenne then gently add to the hot pan. Sear each Scallop only 2 minutes max per side and place on paper towel when finished..
- Add a smear of the Pea puree to the plate then place the Scallops on top. Add the crushed Corriander and Chives to the tops of the Scallops and finish with a pinch of the Radish greens on the side..
It's been said before that even in pea season, frozen peas are perfectly acceptable, and sometimes better than their fresh counterparts. The key here is to cook the scallops with plenty of heat so that they develop good flavor before overcooking; once you splash the vermouth into the pan, it will lift all. Cook the scallops: Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat. Brush the scallops on both sides with canola oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top each with some chopped mint and parsley, if desired.