Recipe: Yummy Masala Mac and Cheese
Masala Mac and Cheese. This Masala Mac and Cheese combines the techniques of making a curry and a béchamel and blends it together to create a great new twist to this recipe. Gooey, creamy, and delicious Masala Mac and Cheese with an Indian twist. Masala is a mixture of ginger, garlic, onions, and tomatoes sauteed with Indian spices.
This Mac is going to be a crowd pleaser at the next event for sure. There can never be too many mac and cheese recipes right! mmm. mmm. mmmmmm. Masala Mac & Cheese. by: Sonali aka the Foodie Physician. You can have Masala Mac and Cheese using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Masala Mac and Cheese
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion finely diced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ginger paste.
- You need 1 tablespoon of garlic paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garam masala.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 cup of capsicum.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 16 oz of elbow macaroni.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 2 cups of cheddar cheese grated.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red chilli flakes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coriander chopped.
Pour the tomato masala (spice) mixture from the skillet into the cheese sauce and add the fresh cilantro and peas. The Masala Mac and Cheese is sure to be loved by kids and enjoyed by adults too. Make sure you serve it warm, preferably right out of the oven. Satisfy your cravings for cheesy pasta and flavorful Indian curry with this masala curry mac and cheese!
Masala Mac and Cheese instructions
- Boil the pasta,drain the water and set aside..
- Heat oil in a large pot or work and add onions and capsicum. Saute for 5 to 7 minutes on medium heat or until the onions turn translucent stirring frequently.
- Add ginger, garlic, chilli powder, garam masala, cumin, salt & mix well cooking for another minute. Add the cooked pasta, 1/2 cup of water and mix well until the pasta is heated..
- Lower the heat to medium low and slowly stir in milk. Add the cheeses handful at a time & stir well. Add more milk if needed. Continue to stir until the cheeses are well incorporated making a smooth creamy sauce. Turn off the heat once all the cheese has melted. Enjoy hot!.
There are a lot of ways you could go about making curry mac and cheese. It could be a cheesy affair with some added curry spices. Garam masala, cumin, fennel, cayenne, nigella and fenugreek seeds in this Indian Spiced cheese sauce. Use any spices that you have! A best seller is gently spiced Masala mac and cheese.