How to Cook Perfect BYG's Southern Mac n Cheese
BYG's Southern Mac n Cheese.
You can have BYG's Southern Mac n Cheese using 12 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of BYG's Southern Mac n Cheese
- Prepare 2 lb of Velveeta block cheese.
- It’s 1 lb of Sharp Cheddar.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of Monterey Jack.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Muenster Cheese.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Mozzarella.
- It’s 1 1/2-2 sticks of butter.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Kosher salt.
- You need 1 Tbs of Pepper.
- You need 1 Tbs of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 2 lbs of Elbow Macaroni med cut.
BYG's Southern Mac n Cheese step by step
- Cut Velveeta cheese into easy to melt blocks..
- Shred the remaining cheeses into a large bowl. Mix lightly but well, cover, and place in refrigerator.
- Dissolve 1 Tbs Kosher salt in large boiler. Boil noodles per directions on box, drain, set aside. I sprinkle a little salt and mix the noodles to reduce sticking..
- Pour milk into saucepan over medium heat. Add blocks of Velveeta cheese. Stir every 2-4 minutes until melted. Be careful not to scorch the cheese. Lightly dust with some Cayenne Pepper when stirring..
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs..
- Scoop out a cup or so of cheese sauce when ready, and slowly add to eggs. This step is important as you don't want eggs to cook..
- Add the egg and cheese mixture to cheese sauce, stirring rapidly.
- Spray a large baking pan to prevent sticking.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line the bottom of the pan with 1/2 stick of thinly sliced butter.
- Add half of cooked macaroni to the pan, then add seasonings and spice. Lightly mix with hands to blend..
- Pour half of cheese sauce over noodles, then sprinkle half of mixed cheeses on top.
- Add remaining noodles and seasoning.
- Slice 1/2 stick of butter and spread across seasoned noodles.
- Pour the rest of the cheese sauce over noodles, then sprinkle remaining mixed cheeses on top.
- Slice a little more butter and place around sides of pan. I place a few in the middle as well.
- Bake for 33 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
- Immediately cover with foil. Retains heat for up to 90 minutes..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)