How to Cook Delicious Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
Creamy Macaroni and Cheese. Macaroni and cheese is perfect supper food. It's a kids' favorite, and adults like it too. My recipe is simple and almost as quick as the boxed variety.
But most people are delighted by any homemade macaroni and cheese. It is light years ahead of the boxed versions. This creamy version has one powerful advantage for the cook: There's no need to preboil the pasta. You can have Creamy Macaroni and Cheese using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of uncooked elbow macaroni.
- It’s 5 tbsp of butter.
- You need 5 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 cup of half and half (cream) use whole milk if you don't have.
- You need 8 oz of processed American cheese (Velvetta).
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of sour cream.
Creamy Mac and Cheese Recipe with just six main ingredients. Keep this as a quick stovetop macaroni How to Make the Creamiest Macaroni and Cheese. You're only looking at six ingredients (plus salt and pepper). This is a video about how to make Creamy Baked Macaroni & Cheese.
Creamy Macaroni and Cheese step by step
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Boil a pot of water and cook macaroni until Al dentè. (About 9 min).
- Grease a 2 1/2 qt baking dish..
- In a large saucepan melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and sugar until smooth..
- Gradually wisk in milk and cream..
- Bring to a boil and cook 2 min while stirring or until thickened..
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cheeses until melted..
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream..
- Mix cheese sauce and macaroni together and pour into dish..
- Bake 30 min..
Egg yolk and lots of cheese make this an extra-cheesy macaroni and cheese recipe. Serve as a main dish or side dish to any meal, or take it along to a potluck dinner. Use a variety of sharp and mild cheddar cheese or add some Monterey Jack or American cheese to the mix. Creamy mac and cheese is a family-friendly dinner recipe that will leave everyone fighting over the last bite! Our baked mac and cheese recipe includes For a lighter macaroni and cheese, substitute reduced-fat versions of the cheddar cheese and cheese product.