Recipe: Delicious Pierogi Grilled Cheese
Pierogi Grilled Cheese. For food emergencies, I always tend to have one of three instant food items in the house: frozen dumplings, instant noodles and. This recipe for potato-cheese pierogi or pierogi ruskie (Polish dumplings) is from chef Marek Widomski of the Culinary Institute in Cracow, Poland. Potato and Cheese Pierogi. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Homemade Pierogi are stuffed with a flavorful potato and cheese mixture, boiled, and Pierogies are a classic Polish comfort food dish. In this recipe I've taken all of the elements of a classic pierogi and. Plans involving plates of grilled sausages, deli-style reubens, and tangy late-summer slaws. You can cook Pierogi Grilled Cheese using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pierogi Grilled Cheese
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of onion, chopped.
- You need 4 of pierogies.
- Prepare 2 slice of bacon.
- Prepare 2 slice of Italian bread.
- You need 1 slice of american cheese.
- Prepare 1 slice of cheddar cheese.
- It’s 3 dash of paprika.
- Prepare 1 dash of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sour cream.
Kasia's Potato and Cheese Pierogi is our most popular flavor. The dumpling is stuffed with freshly whipped Idaho potatoes and the finest farmer's cheese thus creating a truly classic taste. The filling for these pierogi—a mixture of mashed potato, onion, and farmer cheese (a mild, white, dry-curd cottage. Tested and Perfected Recipe for Authentic Polish Pierogi with Potatoes and Cheese.
Pierogi Grilled Cheese instructions
- Cook onions in 1 tablespoon of butter for about 2 minutes on medium heat..
- Add pierogies to onions and cook, flipping occasionally for 8 minutes or until crisp on both sides. Set aside..
- Cook bacon in separate pan or in microwave at the same time. I cook it in the microwave with paper towels to soak up the extra grease. Set aside..
- Butter the bread with the leftover butter while the pierogies are cooking..
- Place one piece of bread, butter side down, on pan. Do not turn the stove back on yet..
- Stack the rest of the ingredients on the bread. American cheese, pierogies with onions, paprika, pepper, bacon, cheddar cheese, and the last slice of bread, butter side up..
- Turn on stove top to medium heat. Cook one side of sandwich for five minutes or until cheese on bottom is slightly melted..
- Carefully flip the sandwich. Two spatulas didn't hurt!.
- Cook other side of sandwich for another few minutes. Continue cooking/ flipping until desired darkness of bread. Move to plate or cutting board..
- Wait a couple minutes and cut if preferred. Add sour cream to plate for dipping. Enjoy!.
Traditional Polish dish at its best! See more ideas about Pierogies, Polish recipes, Pierogi recipe. These Parmesan Ranch Crusted Pierogies are so easy to make and have a delicious parmesan and ranch coating on the outside of. Traditional Polish pierogi, filled with a classic mixture of potato and cheese are a delicious side dish, well Pierogi are traditional Polish noodle dumplings, filled with a variety of classic sweet and savory. Add pierogi, without crowding and cook until pierogi float to the top.