Recipe: Tasty Potato and broccoli au gratin
Potato and broccoli au gratin. On high heat, cover and heat until boiling. Drain, chop and add to the onion. Combine milk with eggs and flour.
Sprinkle half of the salt and pepper over potatoes and broccoli. Add the remaining potatoes and broccoli florets and season with the remaining salt and pepper. Pour the cheese sauce evenly across the top of the broccoli and potato pieces. You can have Potato and broccoli au gratin using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato and broccoli au gratin
- You need of side dishes.
- You need 2 of large russet potatoes peeled and sliced thin.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of frozen broccoli florets.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated onion.
- Prepare 2 cup of warm half and half.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 3 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
Remove the gratin from the oven and turn on your broiler. A classic French dish, potato gratin combines with the American favorite, broccoli-cheese casserole, for a tasty twist on both. Make sure all the potato slices are about the same thickness so they cook evenly. Add potatoes, ham and broccoli to sauce; stir gently to coat.
Potato and broccoli au gratin instructions
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish and preheat oven to 375°. Toss potatoes, onions, broccoli and salt pepper together. Place in baking dish creating layers with cheese. Add warm half and half and butter..
- Bake 25-35minutes. Checking after 30 mins. Potatoes should be tender, cheese bubbly and sauce thickened slightly..
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10minutes before serving. Sauce will thicken more as it cools. Enjoy..
Wrap each potato tightly with foil. Add the panko and toss to coat. Cheesy Broccoli Au Gratin is a delicious dish that features America's favorite vegetable, topped with an amazing cheesy sauce that is baked to perfection. Just a few simple ingredients, mixed with the sophistication of a Gruyere cheese, marry together to make this dish both rustic and elegant. Even broccoli critics can become converts.