Recipe: Perfect Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches
Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches. Grilled cheese sandwiches with gooey melted cheese, summer roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and crispy buttery bread slices. One of the best breakfast or lunch. Grilled cheese sandwiches with gooey melted cheese, summer roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and crispy buttery bread slices are a great choice for breakfast or lunch whenever you want something quick, satisfying and delicious.
Grating the cheeses for a grilled cheese leads to faster, more even. I started liking grilled cheese & tomato sandwiches years ago at a little restaurant near my office. I would go about three times a week to order a grilled provolone cheese & tomato sandwich. You can have Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches
- You need 9 of cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of black ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 c of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need leaves of fresh basil.
- Prepare of room temperature butter.
Today I wanted something different, something a little spicier, so I made up the following recipe. The classic lunch of tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich gets an upgrade with roasted tomatoes and fresh herbs in the soup, and a warm grilled sandwich with two kinds of cheese. Tomatoes and onions can be roasted in a oven, grill pan or over direct fire. To make it quickly I have done it on a tawa/ griddle.
Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches instructions
- Prepare roasted tomatoes. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.Place tomatoes to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Prepare the sandwiches. Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Spread butter on the sides of the bread. With butter side down, top with cheddar cheese, roasted tomato and basil leaves. Top with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place the sandwich on the pan and cook until the bottom is golden brown, for about 3 minutes. Flip, press with a spatula and cook the other side until crispy, golden brown and cheese is melted.Serve immediately.
Easy roasted tomato soup served with a simple, extra-cheesy grilled cheese sandwich is comfort food personified. Served with a swirl of cream and fresh basil, it's your To make the grilled cheese sandwiches, mix the mozzarella with the cheddar. Add ½ cup cheese to half of the slices of bread. This grilled cheese sandwich is both versatile and filling. The recipe uses three types of cheese and roasted tomatoes to make a tasty, savory lunch or snack.